Cannot open any forums

I had this problem once when my webhost who was troubleshooting another site of mine accidentally deleted my .htaccess file in my XenForo installation's root directory.

That made the site do the exact same thing that yours is now.

I luckily had a backup of the htaccess file, but I'd assume you could turn full friendly urls (Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information > Use Full Friendly URLs) off and then try accessing a forum to see if that is what's wrong.

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

If you don't have a backup you could try using mine also, simply place the above code inside a file called '.htaccess' (Assuming you're using a linux based host) inside your forum's root directory.

Good luck!

I had this problem once when my webhost who was troubleshooting another site of mine accidentally deleted my .htaccess file in my XenForo installation's root directory.

That made the site do the exact same thing that yours is now.

I luckily had a backup of the htaccess file, but I'd assume you could turn full friendly urls (Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information > Use Full Friendly URLs) off and then try accessing a forum to see if that is what's wrong.

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
</IfModule>

If you don't have a backup you could try using mine also, simply place the above code inside a file called '.htaccess' (Assuming you're using a linux based host) inside your forum's root directory.

Good luck!
Thank you. I am not sure but I think my server host is windows. Idk. But this is the htaccess file I have:

also I am currently using friendly urls
I have no idea what is going on :cry:

Code:
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#RewriteBase /xenforo

</IfModule>

Thank you. I am not sure but I think my server host is windows. Idk. But this is the htaccess file I have:
Oh ;P

That's a whole different game!

If you're using IIS and not apache you'll need to do some other stuff - I'm not really an expert but you're going to need to install the URL Rewriting module and then import the .htaccess rules into a format that IIS understands. I think most of it can be done pretty simply...

http://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/url-rewrite-module/importing-apache-modrewrite-rules - that shows how to import htaccess rewrite rules.

And you should be able to install URL Rewriting through 'Server Management' if you're running a server edition of Windows.

Alternatively you could again disable full friendly URLs
Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information > Use Full Friendly URLs
and at least figure out whether this is the problem you're having right now.

Oh ;P

That's a whole different game!

If you're using IIS and not apache you'll need to do some other stuff - I'm not really an expert but you're going to need to install the URL Rewriting module and then import the .htaccess rules into a format that IIS understands. I think most of it can be done pretty simply...

http://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/url-rewrite-module/importing-apache-modrewrite-rules - that shows how to import htaccess rewrite rules.

And you should be able to install URL Rewriting through 'Server Management' if you're running a server edition of Windows.

Alternatively you could again disable full friendly URLs

and at least figure out whether this is the problem you're having right now.
I do not know how much more I can take of this. Just turned off friendly urls......nothing.........:mad:

I do not know how much more I can take of this. Just turned off friendly urls......nothing.........:mad:
It's okay :) There's other stuff we can try.

http://www.unchartedtrails.net/index.php?threads/application-template.2/#post-2

I managed to get to a post at least, that's good news, no? :P

Right now we're getting some strange behaviour where the links to each forum appear to link back to the main forum page - I've never seen that before.

For the sake of testing, could you set the Default XenForo theme to be in use rather than the one you're currently using?

It's okay :) There's other stuff we can try.

http://www.unchartedtrails.net/index.php?threads/application-template.2/#post-2

I managed to get to a post at least, that's good news, no? :p

Right now we're getting some strange behaviour where the links to each forum appear to link back to the main forum page - I've never seen that before.

For the sake of testing, could you set the Default XenForo theme to be in use rather than the one you're currently using?
It started on the Default style. installed a new one...nothing....now I have this one. It is so dope though isn't it?

And it is run by a UNIX platform :)

Capture1_zps1b50039a.png

Capture2_zps17c5719d.png

Well :S

I think I've exhausted my usefulness here, the last thing I can think of would be to try disabling addons or maybe even doing a fresh install.

Sorry :[

Hopefully someone can help you!

Top Bottom