1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot open any forums

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Vince Taglia, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

your forums are missing the /forumname.6

ie: http://unchartedtrails.net/index.php?forums/rules.2

I only put the 2 in to show what I mean (your rules forumId may be some other number).

Have you tried to enable Use Full Friendly URL's? (admincp->options->Search Engine Optimization), and if so what is the result?
    Have you made a change to your htaccess file?

3. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

Tried friendly url and nothing. No I have not changed my htaccess file

4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Try adding a new style, it looks like your templates are messed up

5. Lawrence

Have you tried creating a link forum (or page forum) to see if the problem persists with them as well. I'm asking because your categories url's look correct, and your server list page is working as a tab.

6. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

Just installed and tried a new template same thing

My Rules and Server List are node pages. I am using NodesAsTabs add on to make them a tab. So pages work forums do not

7. Lawrence

What add-ons do you have installed (thanks Jake :) )? It looks like an add-on is interfering with the forum route. Try disabling all add-ons.

8. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

It was [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal). How can I make my forums be unchartedtrails.net/forums so I can have that portal homepage?

9. Lawrence

Great, and thanks for posting it. I have never used XenPorta so I can not help you. Ask in the XenPorta thread and I am sure you will find out how to, :)

10. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

Thank you guys for your help! :)

11. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

XenPorta has an option:

Admin CP -> Home -> XenPorta -> Options

Screen shot 2012-03-08 at 6.32.06 PM.png

I suggest enabling this option and install XenForo in the web root (no subdirectory).

12. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

That is what I had before but it wasn't working. And I cannot install in my root :/

13. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why not? XenPorta will share the same root URL as the forum, so if you want XenPorta at the root then XenForo must be at the root. That is the typical setup that people use for XenPorta.

14. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

I have another website there and it would be too risky to move the other website and risk downtime

15. lms

lms Well-Known Member

Have you made a change to your domain root or xenforo root htaccess file?

Salud2

16. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

Not that I know :/

17. lms

lms Well-Known Member

It seems to be a redirect in cPanel (domain-level) well either .htaccess.

Salud2

18. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member

If you are talking about the portal I want that. Its just when I try to open forums it doesn't work. It has to do with xenportal because when I do not have it enabled the forums work at /forums

19. lms

lms Well-Known Member

20. Vince Taglia

Vince Taglia Member