Cannot attach pdf file

There's a distinction between allowed types which can be attached to the resource description and the allowed types which can be uploaded as the resource itself.

I suspect you haven't added it to the appropriate place.

Aside from that, some more details would be ideal such as where it is being uploaded (as a resource or the description) and the exact error message you get, if any.

I was editing a previous resource which would not allow the upload.
On a new resource I could successfully upload the file
I dont have any error except for notification of file types in the attach window

It could be a previous addon issue Convert Thread to Resource which might be the issue as I historically used this to create the resource some time ago. I assumed once the resource had been created, it would allow me to edit the thread so I apologise if this is the case?

It could be a previous addon issue Convert Thread to Resource which might be the issue as I historically used this to create the resource some time ago. I assumed once the resource had been created, it would allow me to edit the thread so I apologise if this is the case?

To test that theory, try editing a new resource and attach a pdf file.

I have just tried again on a clean install and no addons except for XFRM and XFMG and still have the same problem.
I can upload a pdf on a new resource but when I go back in to the resource and try to edit and attach a pdf it will only present me with a host of image and video extensions?

Given that you're mentioning "editing the resource", I presume you're trying to attach files to the description. This only allows images, so it won't allow a PDF.

If you're trying to update the file that represents the resource, you'd do that through "post an update".

Given that you're mentioning "editing the resource", I presume you're trying to attach files to the description. This only allows images, so it won't allow a PDF.

If you're trying to update the file that represents the resource, you'd do that through "post an update".
OK, thank you, I did not realise I couldn't do that.

Top Bottom