cancelled TV shows

Jo.

First they cancelled Firefly (most stupid decision ever), now they've cancelled Caprica, and there've been a million shows in between that were rather infuriatingly cancelled for no good reason. Grrrr!

I agree, it is infuriating when it happens.

Caprica though didn't do itself any favours. It was very contrived and not really interesting or exciting, unlike BSG.

Heroes being cancelled was disappointing as I felt there was still some way to go there, especially with all the future stuff.

Yeah Caprica was a bit disappointing - the plot didn't seem to be going anywhere, but I was hoping it just needed a bit of time. I guess it had a lot to live up to with BSG though... I miss that show! :(

Oh and Heroes - yeah, cancelling that was seriously annoying!! Not quite as much as Firefly though! Don't think I'll ever get over that lol

Caprica was a great cure for insomnia. No great loss Im afraid.

Heroes lost its way after the first season, and then the writers strike badly damaged the second season, it never quite recovered after that.

Yeah the whole writers strike really didn't help matters, that's for sure. Seems like hardly anything half decent gets renewed anymore. Especially the sci fi stuff.

I agree. The first season was gripping at times. There was such a big build up for season 2 and then (as you say) the writers strike and it suddenly wen't downhill from there.

I was sorry to see the terminator sarah conner chronicles cancelled I felt this could have lasted a little longer. I'm betting supernatural won't last for long either.

House and NCIS are the only tv shows that hold my interest now.

One program which should have been cancelled but wasn't, was Lost.

Oh man, how annoyed was I at the ending :mad:

I'm betting supernatural won't last for long either.
Hehe, Supernatural keeps getting saved from the scrapheap.
I believe it will be back again for another (final) series.

Oh yeah, the Sarah Connor Chronicles was one I thought was a shame to cancel.

NCIS is okay, but I only really watch it cos there's not much better to watch.

They'd better not cancel the Big Bang Theory... lol

I loved Heroes in the first season, was still a fan into the second season, and then stopped watching due to lack of interest...and then it got canceled. :/

Seems like hardly anything half decent gets renewed anymore. Especially the sci fi stuff.
Definitely agreed...I didn't watch the examples mentioned above, but I enjoyed Kyle XY (ABC Family) and Flashforward (ABC), and both of those got axed. :( Meanwhile, the hordes of reality shows live on (note: I like some, but a lot of them are ridiculous and don't belong on TV, IMO)... xP

I just find all the reality tv shows really boring... I like stuff that makes you think. Seems like there's not much of that about these days. :( Yeah I quite liked Flashforward too! sigh.

One program which should have been cancelled but wasn't, was Lost.

Oh man, how annoyed was I at the ending :mad:

Hehe, Supernatural keeps getting saved from the scrapheap.
I believe it will be back again for another (final) series.

Yeah it does. TBH I feel it will go for another season and then it's time for it to end.

Prison break was another I was sorry to see end. I'm not sure whether this was cancelled but rather the actors/actresses pursuing movie careers. This imo still had a couple of seasons left.

I was disappointed when they ended Prison Break. It almost seemed as though they were rushing the story line a bit.

Well considering Prison Break was only ever intended to be 1 series, it was painful to watch them dragging it out as long as they did.

I never watched Prison Break, but I do think it's irritating when a series is never finished off properly because the writers know it's getting cut.

I feel a bit apprehensive about trying new shows now because chances are, they're going to get axed just when I'm getting into them... what's the point?

The only "reality"-type show that I really like to watch is Paranormal State.
For some reason I just didn't get into NCIS or any of the crime dramas except Criminal Minds. I never miss that show. It is just.... gripping, I guess is the only word I can think of.

I did like Flash Forward, but it got boring after the first season.
I haven't seen Supernatural. What's it about?

Top Bottom