Lack of interest Cancel-button missing when editing a post

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

erich37

when using the "inline editor", there is a "Cancel-button" for if you decide you actually do not want to edit your post and then you just click onto "Cancel".
This is fine as is.

inline_editor_cancel_button.gif

However, when clicking onto "More Options", then the Editor does not show the "Cancel-button" anymore. I strongly believe the button is missing there !
Especially if you use the option of not using the "inline editor" at all (de-activated inline-editor in ACP).

more_options_cancel_button_missing.gif

Could you please add the "Cancel-button" ?

Thanks a lot!

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not a bug. More a suggestion.

I personally think it's fine how it is. The cancel button is appropriate for the overlay because it's an extension of the current page and you need a way to get back to the current page. But for the full reply form I think it's commonly understood that to cancel you just don't submit the form, or leave the page. There is nothing to "cancel" back to.

Moving to suggestions.

I personally think hitting back is fine. It's two clicks away for iPhones, sometimes one

I develop mobile checkouts for a living and have yet to put a "cancel" button or anything but continue, it's just common practice to know to click back or a logo.

for me as a user the lack of cancel button is inconsistant

I cought myself several times that I was looking for cancel button and then realized I have to click back button in the browser.

for me as a user the lack of cancel button is inconsistant

I cought myself several times that I was looking for cancel button and then realized I have to click back button in the browser.

That is a good point. I know enough, out of habit, to hit the back button in XF, but from a usability standpoint it might make sense to add a Cancel button, even if it were tied to a mere "javascript:history.back()" action. In fact, that would be a dead simple template edit.

Top Bottom