• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Cancel-button missing when editing a post

erich37

when using the "inline editor", there is a "Cancel-button" for if you decide you actually do not want to edit your post and then you just click onto "Cancel".
This is fine as is.

inline_editor_cancel_button.gif

However, when clicking onto "More Options", then the Editor does not show the "Cancel-button" anymore. I strongly believe the button is missing there !
Especially if you use the option of not using the "inline editor" at all (de-activated inline-editor in ACP).

more_options_cancel_button_missing.gif

Could you please add the "Cancel-button" ?

Thanks a lot!

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Not a bug. More a suggestion.

I personally think it's fine how it is. The cancel button is appropriate for the overlay because it's an extension of the current page and you need a way to get back to the current page. But for the full reply form I think it's commonly understood that to cancel you just don't submit the form, or leave the page. There is nothing to "cancel" back to.

Moving to suggestions.

Jeremy

I personally think hitting back is fine. It's two clicks away for iPhones, sometimes one

I develop mobile checkouts for a living and have yet to put a "cancel" button or anything but continue, it's just common practice to know to click back or a logo.

for me as a user the lack of cancel button is inconsistant

I cought myself several times that I was looking for cancel button and then realized I have to click back button in the browser.

Rudy

for me as a user the lack of cancel button is inconsistant

I cought myself several times that I was looking for cancel button and then realized I have to click back button in the browser.
That is a good point. I know enough, out of habit, to hit the back button in XF, but from a usability standpoint it might make sense to add a Cancel button, even if it were tied to a mere "javascript:history.back()" action. In fact, that would be a dead simple template edit.