1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Cancel-button missing when editing a post

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by erich37, Dec 21, 2012.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

when using the "inline editor", there is a "Cancel-button" for if you decide you actually do not want to edit your post and then you just click onto "Cancel".
    This is fine as is.

inline_editor_cancel_button.gif

However, when clicking onto "More Options", then the Editor does not show the "Cancel-button" anymore. I strongly believe the button is missing there !
    Especially if you use the option of not using the "inline editor" at all (de-activated inline-editor in ACP).

more_options_cancel_button_missing.gif

Could you please add the "Cancel-button" ?

Thanks a lot!

TsuChi likes this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

The back-button is the cancel button.

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not a bug. More a suggestion.

I personally think it's fine how it is. The cancel button is appropriate for the overlay because it's an extension of the current page and you need a way to get back to the current page. But for the full reply form I think it's commonly understood that to cancel you just don't submit the form, or leave the page. There is nothing to "cancel" back to.

Moving to suggestions.

tyteen4a03, Jeremy and Onimua like this.
  4. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

would a "Cancel Button" be helpful considering when using a mobile-phone ?
    So you do not need to click the "Back"-button, but you click onto a "Cancel"-button ?

:coffee:

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I personally think hitting back is fine. It's two clicks away for iPhones, sometimes one

I develop mobile checkouts for a living and have yet to put a "cancel" button or anything but continue, it's just common practice to know to click back or a logo.

6. TsuChi

TsuChi Member

for me as a user the lack of cancel button is inconsistant

I cought myself several times that I was looking for cancel button and then realized I have to click back button in the browser.

erich37 likes this.
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

@Chris Deeming, not when you click "More Options" or have to go to the full page.

Edit: Appears post was deleted...

Chris D likes this.
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Awkward. I realised that then deleted my post :D

Jeremy likes this.
  9. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

That is a good point. I know enough, out of habit, to hit the back button in XF, but from a usability standpoint it might make sense to add a Cancel button, even if it were tied to a mere "javascript:history.back()" action. In fact, that would be a dead simple template edit.

erich37 likes this.