Can we make a birthday user color?

borgqueenx

I want to make birthday users having a bit better day, by changing their user color across the board for a day.
Is there a way to achieve this?
Probaly a usergroup that gets assigned upon birthday.....But how to then automaticly remove that usergroup after 24 hours?

Thanks!

so if the criteria is not met anymore, they will automaticly be demoted? this also goes if other criteria isnt met anymore? (it constantly check if criteria is met, and not just for creation?)

It is checked, if I recall, as a cron job every 20 minutes by default unless you have changed it.

Go to admin.php?cron/#_userGroupPromotions and run it manually to update immediately.
(or Tools -> Cron Entries)

If I'm honest, I wouldn't recommend a promotion for this. It works only on users active within a couple hour window. This means that people may not get the promotion when you expect (or lose it).

You'd probably be looking at custom development/add-on to do it dynamically.

Reactions: rdn
But @Mike do you have a different solution? Or does someone know a add-on that does this?
It sounds weird about the user activity requirement for it to work...its not in the criteria list.

But @Mike do you have a different solution? Or does someone know a add-on that does this?
It sounds weird about the user activity requirement for it to work...its not in the criteria list.
There's no other solution built in to the software.

The activity requirement is built-in to all promotions, I think.

It works only on users active within a couple hour window.
Hello Mike, could you please explain this?

For "daily active users" there's no problem right?

Users that don't login often, instead, will be demoted only once they will be active again?
to be considered "active" the user need to post some content too?

Top Bottom