1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we make a birthday user color?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by borgqueenx, Oct 12, 2015.

1. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

I want to make birthday users having a bit better day, by changing their user color across the board for a day.
    Is there a way to achieve this?
    Probaly a usergroup that gets assigned upon birthday.....But how to then automaticly remove that usergroup after 24 hours?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The system will automatically demote them.
  3. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

so if the criteria is not met anymore, they will automaticly be demoted? this also goes if other criteria isnt met anymore? (it constantly check if criteria is met, and not just for creation?)
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

5. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

i just made a test account his birthday today, but the system isnt reconising him as his birthday. When does the system check for criteria for promotions?
  6. James

James Well-Known Member

It is checked, if I recall, as a cron job every 20 minutes by default unless you have changed it.

Go to admin.php?cron/#_userGroupPromotions and run it manually to update immediately.
    (or Tools -> Cron Entries)
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If I'm honest, I wouldn't recommend a promotion for this. It works only on users active within a couple hour window. This means that people may not get the promotion when you expect (or lose it).

You'd probably be looking at custom development/add-on to do it dynamically.
    RoldanLT likes this.
  8. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

thanks... i will remove it then.
  9. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

But @Mike do you have a different solution? Or does someone know a add-on that does this?
    It sounds weird about the user activity requirement for it to work...its not in the criteria list.
  10. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

There's no other solution built in to the software.

The activity requirement is built-in to all promotions, I think.
  11. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

can we disable that activity requirement @Mike ?
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, it can't be disabled.
  13. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

then i guess this is a bug of some sort. its pretty weird that the system does not work properly if a user has not been active.
  14. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Hello Mike, could you please explain this?

For "daily active users" there's no problem right?

Users that don't login often, instead, will be demoted only once they will be active again?
    to be considered "active" the user need to post some content too?
  15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

16. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

Lisa likes this.
  17. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Member

thanks for that!