Can the registration process be simpler?

I loathe that registration pages with many questions, confirmations, etc.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
in fact, I'm now thinking about get rid the email field, make it optional View attachment 107234

If I didn't want email I would go for Facebook and twitter signups. How can I change the login form to not show all the options, such as birthday etc? The one you have is looking great to me. I don't mind the photo captca but swipe looks even simpler. Is it not easy to get past the swipe for bots?

As far as I remember, it was into suggestions section.

A form with multiple fields discourages the user from filling it. There are several users who do not want to login with FB or other social networks. Can we not simplify it down to -

• 'Enter Your Email' [ .......... ]
User enters those fields and gets activation email. User chooses his/her username, password on the account activation page.

I think it's VERY ESSENTIAL to grab the user first and complete formalities later.

What say?

Update: I'll create a suggestion in appropriate section.

Reactions: the
As far as I remember, it was into suggestions section.
A form with multiple fields discourages the user from filling it. There are several users who do not want to login with FB or other social networks. Can we not simplify it down to -
  • 'Enter Your Email' [ .......... ]
User enters those fields and gets activation email. User chooses his/her username, password on the account activation page.
I think it's VERY ESSENTIAL to grab the user first and complete formalities later.
What say?

I agree it have to be a short process. It is very essential. Whilst building my setup even close friends are dreading to sign up as it is asking so many details.
But I think the suggestion could be to make it more customisable. So every board can tick boxes in apc for what they need on the registration page. If email is all you want to ask that is only one ticked box.

This is my registration page:
r-2015-05-28-at-11-31-39-jpg.107232
And how can I get my forum registration to look like this?

Top Bottom