Can not download xenforo from Customer Area

Yes, and each download is not finished

upload_2015-1-13_16-42-31.webp

I waited for some minutes for the first download, but every download starts, and every download stops after some MB.

First thing to do would be to cancel the ones that aren't completing. Having multiple connections trying to download something isn't going to help.

Second, try another browser. Or disable extensions in your current browser along with clearing your browser cache.

Cancelling the other downloads helped. I noticed the downloads are throttled, so maybe I was penalized from xenforos server for having multiple downloads at the same time. Anyway, it works now. Thanks for your help.

Today I tried downloading the full 1.4.4 release four times with Chrome (after each failed download I cancelled it), one more time with another browser and finally with Firefox which has javascript completely disabled. Here I tried it twice, but still the download stops after a bit more than one Megabyte.

You're going to have to explore the factors local to you. We would have had hundreds of similar reports by now if this was a widespread or a server issue on our part.

I am fine with that, as always I really appreciate the fast response and detailled explanations like in my other thread where I asked about the installation blocking technology.

It's odd that it is happening in multiple browsers.

Can you try it on a different device? And a different internet connection? For the latter I would often connect to my mobile phone personal hot spot as that would bypass my normal router and internet connection and therefore confirm or deny that is the issue.

Top Bottom