XF 1.4 Can no longer send emails (connection timeout)

MarkMark

As of yesterday, Xenforo is unable to send emails. The error log is full of errors saying the connection timed out.

For info, I have been using Mandrill.

I have changed nothing at my end, and Mandrill doesn't seem to be having any issues. Any idea what is going on?

If you haven't changed anything in XF and it has previously been working, then it will be something external to XF.
Possibly a networking/connection issue so your host would be best placed to investigate.

If you haven't changed anything in XF and it has previously been working, then it will be something external to XF.
Possibly a networking/connection issue so your host would be best placed to investigate.
Before I contact my host, is there likely to be any reason why I suddenly can't connect to Mandril?

As expected, Hostgator are trying to blame the script. Have told them this makes no sense, based on the error logs, and that others hosted on Hostgator seem to be experiencing the same problems. Have submitted a formal ticket, although I don't hold out much hope of them resolving.

I wonder whether they have messed up their firewall settings, and the connection to mandrill's servers are being blocked?

Last edited:
Top Bottom