1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I have wordpress & xenforo, unconnected (no bridge), on the same host?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by FromZBwithLove, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Is this possible? What would I have to do to do this? I have a blog as a main page mainly used for articles, and I'd like to have a forum under the same domain name and host with xenforo. I am assuming this is possible but I'm wondering what if anything special i have to do, because if I go to (mydomain).com/forum it still thinks it's part of wordpress.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it's fine.
    You can install multiple scripts/softwares on the same domain/server.

How do you mean?

If XF is installed in the /forum subdirectory, it is self contained and separate from WP.
  3. Hi brogan, thanks for being so helpful. I spoke before I finished uploading.

I got about halfway through the upload to my "forum" subdirectory in "public_html", but I am getting an error on filezilla now:

Response: 421 Too many connections (8) from this IP
    Error: Could not connect to server
    Status: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

Is this caused by wordpress, or something else?

I found a quick fix, added it to "site manager" (The domain + hosting), it uploaded another 200-300 files and then stopped again.

Sorry if this isn't your area. I am just trying to figure this out. Don't know where to go for advice.
  4. Hi brogan sorry for wasting your time, I have 444 (xenforo forum) queued files and I don't know why filezilla won't add them to godaddy.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is a limitation imposed by your host.

If you have cPanel, try uploading/moving files there.
  6. vij

vij Active Member

Ask yor host to whitelist your ip.
  7. semprot

semprot Active Member

Try to ZIP your files in your computer, then upload the ZIP file, and finally extract the ZIP file in your host.