XenForo and WordPress on the same subdomain?

aperunner

Can I install XenForo along with WordPress on the same subdomain?

I have already business website on a domain. And I would like to install XenForo inside a directory (my-domain.com/forums/)

Is that possible? My website is running in a CMS very similar to WordPress.

Thanks.

ŽivaAkcija

I have already business website on a domain. And I would like to install XenForo inside a directory (my-domain.com/forums/)

Thanks.
i will never do that, if you run VPS with WHM-Cpanel better buy new domain and install it separatly from WP, same FTP for WP and XF not recomended.

Joe Kuhn

i will never do that, if you run VPS with WHM-Cpanel better buy new domain and install it separatly from WP, same FTP for WP and XF not recomended.
I happen to be trying to do exactly the same thing the op describes and am running into dead ends everywhere I go. Why do you suggest a new domain & 'FTP for WP and XF not recommended'?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tracy Perry

You will frequently see someone install it in /forum/ and then you end up with yoursite.com/forum/forums instead of what you see below in the address bar. Having forum(s)/forums looks "ugly".

Screen-Shot-2018-03-02-at-5.03.39-AM.jpg

Joe Kuhn

Yes, but if you have used /forums (which many do) then I'm pretty sure it will interfere with the system as it will be trying to apply it to both the path and then the built-in route.
I believe you have it. I started over completely, downloaded the .zip, used 'Community' instead of 'Forum' to upload to and it all worked. Done.

Last edited:

Joe Kuhn

Thanks.
What did you end up doing and how did it work?

aperunner

Actually, my official site does not run on WordPress but on ProcessWire, a very nice content management framework.

I believe ProcessWire does not have the security issues as WordPress.

So I guess mi ProcessWire site and XenForo forum will run well along.