1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 can I clear the import_log?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by dethfire, Aug 16, 2014.

1. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

I see my import_log table has a massive amount of records in it. After the import is there any reason not to clear it? It appears the new ids are the same as the old.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you used the retain IDs option then you can use a basic rewrite for mapping old to new, without having to use the import log.
    How is redirection currently set up?

I would recommend taking a backup of the table if you do decide to delete it though, just in case.

dethfire likes this.
  3. dethfire

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That requires the import log.

dethfire likes this.
  5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Did you use the retain IDs option when you imported?

6. dethfire

pretty sure I did

7. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

You need to verify.

8. dethfire

yes so I wonder why I need mikes addon if the thread ids are the same, shouldn't I be able to just use some htaccess redirects?

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Direct rewrites could be used, yes. However, they become more tuned to your specific setup than the general case of those redirect scripts. I'm not sure the rewrites you would need off hand.

10. dethfire

Ah, I think I understand now. I can do plain rewrites if I don't do full friendly URLs. Otherwise I need the php/mysql processing.