can anyone recommend hosting for the software

garry420

can anyone recommend hosting for the software ?
  1. I live in india
  2. I want customer care like this very site.
  3. I want cheap hosting.
  4. have heard negative reviews on both hostgator and godaddy.
  5. I need shared hosting to start with
Please guide me with honest reviews
The one forum which was recommended by one of fellow member to learn about hosting..it denied my registration saying my email is listed in some spam site.
hence need suggestions from you guys

From 5 to 500 maybe. There is not "easy" answer. You will know when you have to many because your site will become slow to non-responsive. It's then time to upgrade to something larger.

Unless managed (and this is not to be demeaning to you), I would not suggest it. With your apparent newness to running a forum, running an actual server will be WAY more complicated.
i did ask him whats the minimum and what the maximum ..it can support...so right answer is between 5 to 500 ?

i did ask him whats the minimum and what the maximum ..it can support...so right answer is between 5 to 500 ?
Depends on to many variables, and are you talking about online at one time? Most limit you to 25 concurrent connections (I know Hostgator does) to the DB. So again, it depends on what all you have running, the number of users online and their activity. It can probably (again, depending on what you have running - add-ons, etc) handle a couple of hundred. Will they by real happy? Probably not.

Depends on to many variables, and are you talking about online at one time? Most limit you to 25 concurrent connections (I know Hostgator does) to the DB. So again, it depends on what all you have running, the number of users online and their activity. It can probably (again, depending on what you have running - add-ons, etc) handle a couple of hundred. Will they by real happy? Probably not.
Well that statement is bit easy to understand..well if baby plan can handle 25 online users at one go than i can try it..

Do not think too much.
The baby plan would suit you perfectly on the beginning.
Later on you can change plan or host.
Stay away from chat addons and you will be fine.
ok i am going for baby plan...but now i have two options(Namecheap and hostgator) in back of my mind..what would u suggest out of two ?

Don't buy your domain name AND hosting from any of them.
Domain: Namecheap
Hosting: Hostgator
Domain name i have purchased from godaddy...now searching for hosting at last ..i think i will have to go with hostgator...since many guys have suggested it thou what i have seen is negative all the way. but since majority of guys here have experience ..i will go with it..until someone gives me strong reason not to..
thanks for suggestion..
other suggestions are still welcomed

Top Bottom