can anyone recommend hosting for the software

garry420

can anyone recommend hosting for the software ?
  1. I live in india
  2. I want customer care like this very site.
  3. I want cheap hosting.
  4. have heard negative reviews on both hostgator and godaddy.
  5. I need shared hosting to start with
Please guide me with honest reviews
The one forum which was recommended by one of fellow member to learn about hosting..it denied my registration saying my email is listed in some spam site.
hence need suggestions from you guys

One thing I noticed when I was looking for hosting everyone said don't go near shared hosting get this or that at a huge price. The thing is when you starting out you just never know where your forum will be going. You may hit it huge in the first month or go no place in a year. So for me shared hosting served me well over the years while my forum was growing. When the time came for me to get my own server the forum was well established and my financial situation was able to support the higher cost. So start out small as you are wanting to as you can always move as you forum grows.
i agree n i appreciate ur answer..but whose hosting thats the question still due...i have taken hostgator as option thou..

Don't trust those kind of sites, most of them suggest you to the host that pays them highest $$$ in commission for getting new customers.

Your audience is mainly going to be in India right? Well, seeing as connections are fine to most servers (and Indian hosts are kind of ripping off people with excessive pricing) a U.S/Europe host should be fine for you (and majority of Indian users with decent internet). I run my site from a U.S server and connect fine with my broadband connection from India. I host with MDDHosting, I used their basic package (the link takes you to shared hosting packages) for 400 RS/- per month for two years, until my forum grew and we needed an upgrade. I just upgraded my package to their next level of hosting (semi-dedicated) and am happy with results, upgrading was painless since it was on the same host :)

Since you can't register on WebHostingTalk, I'll list some hosts that generally in majority have good reviews, remember that there is no "one" perfect host, it can suit one and not suit the other, but these are reputed companies.
EuroVPS - Starting at 311 RS/- per month.
StableHost - Starting at 246 RS/- per month.
NameCheap - Starting at 247 RS/- per month.
HawkHost - Starting at 205 RS/- per month. [This host has many positive reviews]
MDDHosting - Starting at 400 RS/- per month [The host I use & trust]

You can open a sales ticket with all, or a few of the companies you think are right for you and see their response. Good luck finding a reliable host, having a good host = less tension = you can concentrate on improving your forum. As they say in our language, "tension lene ka nahi, dene ka" :) With a good host you take no worries at all, because they deal with everything professionally.

None of the above hosts except MDD I can personally vouch for 100% -- but they have majority positive reviews (just repeating myself for sake of clarity).
omg...thnx..can i have ur skype or any id..u r helping in nature ....i will definitely invite u to my forum..it will be interesting

Namecheap has reasonable prices for their shared hosting. I've never had issues with mine and I'm pretty sure I have the cheapest plan available. I've never used their support though so I can't vouch for that (though i suppose the fact that I've never needed it is a good sign). I don't get much of any traffic through mine as I just use it as a test bed, but I've run XF, Wordpress, and Drupal on it.

I agree with @DirtRider . Shared hosting, especially on a massive provider like HostGator or GoDaddy or even Namecheap will never compete with more expensive plans, but when you're just getting settled, it doesn't hurt to spend a few months on a cheap plan. As your site and budget grows, you can easily move hosts.
NameCheap is now my second option as few guys have suggested me

now i think i can get my answer ..
did u face any problem ?
can i start with "value plan" or do i need higher plan?
I started with the professional plan but you could start with the value plan and move your way up as your forum grows just like what i'm doing :)

Edit: No i've never faced any problems with them also their support is great.

Hostgator for 10 bucks a month, I believe its the baby plan will be fine for what your looking for. Support is good (always available 7 days a week) and it has Cpanel. I use them, no issues. Don't confuse yourself with all the other ones, in the end, their shared plans are no different than Hostgator, been through this already...;)

I'm glad I got "free money" each month (my hobby allowance). It allows me to have my dedicated servers and that way I don't have to worry about anyone else impacting my services. I even have one of 'em set up to configure my VPS's on (most are test setups to learn with).

Hostgator for 10 bucks a month, I believe its the baby plan will be fine for what your looking for. Support is good (always available 7 days a week) and it has Cpanel.
I agree with that.

Baby plan $8 ($7.96) + Dedicated IP for $2 = $10 is all you need to start your forum.
(Don't choose the cheaper option: $6.36 per month if you pay for 3 years.)

Hostgator for 10 bucks a month, I believe its the baby plan will be fine for what your looking for. Support is good (always available 7 days a week) and it has Cpanel. I use them, no issues. Don't confuse yourself with all the other ones, in the end, their shared plans are no different than Hostgator, been through this already...;)
i had discussion with him in fb on baby plan..but i didn't get single answer of my question..he kept of saying he cannot give direct answers

I'm glad I got "free money" each month (my hobby allowance). It allows me to have my dedicated servers and that way I don't have to worry about anyone else impacting my services. I even have one of 'em set up to configure my VPS's on (most are test setups to learn with).
i can buy vps but would it be intelligent decision to buy it when u are starting forum?
i think answer should be no..rest u can guide me ..i am just a learner

I agree with that.

Baby plan $8 ($7.96) + Dedicated IP for $2 = $10 is all you need to start your forum.
(Don't choose the cheaper option: $6.36 per month if you pay for 3 years.)
I had discussion with him..i didn't get any satisfactory asnwers..thou...but its still an option...in their fb page..i saw more complaints than satisfaction thats why bit apprehensive....even in review sites it has many negative comments..
i can pay 10$ month ...:)

he didn't gave any answer when i asked how many people can the plan handle..he kept on saying he cannot give numbers..i asked what is min and whats max...still he didn't give any answer
From 5 to 500 maybe. There is not "easy" answer. You will know when you have to many because your site will become slow to non-responsive. It's then time to upgrade to something larger.

i can buy vps but would it be intelligent decision to buy it when u are starting forum?
i think answer should be no..rest u can guide me ..i am just a learner
Unless managed (and this is not to be demeaning to you), I would not suggest it. With your apparent newness to running a forum, running an actual server will be WAY more complicated.

Top Bottom