can anyone recommend hosting for the software

garry420

can anyone recommend hosting for the software ?
  1. I live in india
  2. I want customer care like this very site.
  3. I want cheap hosting.
  4. have heard negative reviews on both hostgator and godaddy.
  5. I need shared hosting to start with
Please guide me with honest reviews
The one forum which was recommended by one of fellow member to learn about hosting..it denied my registration saying my email is listed in some spam site.
hence need suggestions from you guys

1. what is your budget (be reasonable)?
  2. what do you want included?
  3. are the majority of your users also based in India?
I dono exactly what it should be..around 4$ per month hostgators price rest i dono...thats nearly affordable for me...as many guys recommended c.panel must be included in it
whatever comes with time.
i haven't even started forum ..i will start it by next month..its just a plan going on..but i can increase numbers very quickly.

I was with Hostgator for about 7 years until my forum out grew them and I went with my own server. I never had anything but great service from them. I could phone them up on Skype using their toll free number and this was a big plus also being outside the USA.

I was with Hostgator for about 7 years until my forum out grew them and I went with my own server. I never had anything but great service from them. I could phone them up on Skype using their toll free number and this was a big plus also being outside the USA.
I dono but ..many guys in few forums told me that I shouldn't be using it...I dono y ...even godaddy had negative review..ipage was said to be good but i doesn't have cpanel.. and like wise JustHost had better reviews..
so i am really confused where to go...
from this site i find justhost better..but i dono about their customer care service
http://web-hosting-review.toptenreviews.com/

Well I would never use GoDaddy either but as I say Hostgator gave me great service and they have cpanel and the prices are great.
please see the link i posted do u agree with that reviews ?
So i am keeping Hostgator as option in my mind...if i don't get positive reviews for other hosting services ..i might go for it

I don't know much about the first two listed here but some of the option you need to consider are these

Linux Hosting
Custom Cron Jobs

there is always a question mark against Unlimited as some don't mean just that. However with Hosgator I never had an issue with them about this. I have heard that some of these host say this but when you start using these resources things change very drastically

can anyone recommend hosting for the software ?
  1. I live in india
  2. I want customer care like this very site.
  3. I want cheap hosting.
  4. have heard negative reviews on both hostgator and godaddy.
  5. I need shared hosting to start with
Please guide me with honest reviews
The one forum which was recommended by one of fellow member to learn about hosting..it denied my registration saying my email is listed in some spam site.
hence need suggestions from you guys
So, you want a cheap hosting with an excellent support and all good reviews (companies with negative reviews aren't accepted)?

Good luck with it. You get what you pay.

One thing I noticed when I was looking for hosting everyone said don't go near shared hosting get this or that at a huge price. The thing is when you starting out you just never know where your forum will be going. You may hit it huge in the first month or go no place in a year. So for me shared hosting served me well over the years while my forum was growing. When the time came for me to get my own server the forum was well established and my financial situation was able to support the higher cost. So start out small as you are wanting to as you can always move as you forum grows.

Namecheap has reasonable prices for their shared hosting. I've never had issues with mine and I'm pretty sure I have the cheapest plan available. I've never used their support though so I can't vouch for that (though i suppose the fact that I've never needed it is a good sign). I don't get much of any traffic through mine as I just use it as a test bed, but I've run XF, Wordpress, and Drupal on it.

I agree with @DirtRider . Shared hosting, especially on a massive provider like HostGator or GoDaddy or even Namecheap will never compete with more expensive plans, but when you're just getting settled, it doesn't hurt to spend a few months on a cheap plan. As your site and budget grows, you can easily move hosts.

Don't trust those kind of sites, most of them suggest you to the host that pays them highest $$$ in commission for getting new customers.

Your audience is mainly going to be in India right? Well, seeing as connections are fine to most servers (and Indian hosts are kind of ripping off people with excessive pricing) a U.S/Europe host should be fine for you (and majority of Indian users with decent internet). I run my site from a U.S server and connect fine with my broadband connection from India. I host with MDDHosting, I used their basic package (the link takes you to shared hosting packages) for 400 RS/- per month for two years, until my forum grew and we needed an upgrade. I just upgraded my package to their next level of hosting (semi-dedicated) and am happy with results, upgrading was painless since it was on the same host :)

Since you can't register on WebHostingTalk, I'll list some hosts that generally in majority have good reviews, remember that there is no "one" perfect host, it can suit one and not suit the other, but these are reputed companies.
EuroVPS - Starting at 311 RS/- per month.
StableHost - Starting at 246 RS/- per month.
NameCheap - Starting at 247 RS/- per month.
HawkHost - Starting at 205 RS/- per month. [This host has many positive reviews]
MDDHosting - Starting at 400 RS/- per month [The host I use & trust]

You can open a sales ticket with all, or a few of the companies you think are right for you and see their response. Good luck finding a reliable host, having a good host = less tension = you can concentrate on improving your forum. As they say in our language, "tension lene ka nahi, dene ka" :) With a good host you take no worries at all, because they deal with everything professionally.

None of the above hosts except MDD I can personally vouch for 100% -- but they have majority positive reviews (just repeating myself for sake of clarity).

I don't know much about the first two listed here but some of the option you need to consider are these

Linux Hosting
Custom Cron Jobs

there is always a question mark against Unlimited as some don't mean just that. However with Hosgator I never had an issue with them about this. I have heard that some of these host say this but when you start using these resources things change very drastically
i had 30 mins long chat with him..he did not tell how many online users can it support.in his baby plan of shared hosting which costs around 5-6$ per month(which i m ok with)

Top Bottom