Can a user select their default user group?

RastaLulz

Hello,

Today I made the switch from vB4 to XenForo, but one issue I'm having is that users with multiple user groups can not pick the user group that they want as their default user group, which is kind of an annoyance. For example, if one of my members has purchased a red and blue user upgrade, by default it will only show the blue user group (and blue name), and he/she doesn't have the option to make the red user group (and red name) his/her default user group.

Can a user select their default user group?

No. XenForo doesn't let the user choose their "display group" like vB does. Instead XenForo lets you set a display priority for each group. The highest priority group is what is used:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> Display Styling Priority

Well, that's a shame. Hopefully this eventually gets added in, because I don't like the idea of my users being stuck with a user group they might not want over another they have.

In other software, I think the main purposes of switching groups is to change the css styling for their names. I guess if we want this to work in Xenforo, we probably need some styling system members can choose that is not tied to user groups.

So that's my wish list I suppose. Back when I use phpBB, changing their colors was one of the thing my members enjoyed the most. There were users managed groups where everyone can apply to join and choose at their own will.

Top Bottom