1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Default User Group

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Shyuan, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Supposed by default, a new member registers himself on my forum, he will be categorised in "Registered" after activating his account.

I created a new user group named "NewComer". Someone actually registered and got into "Registered" group instead of "Newcomer" (obviously because I did not make any changes to the sort of like default settings). Where can I change the default user group (for users who have activated their accounts)? I have checked through the options but no hope, unless I missed it.

Could anyone point it out for me? Thank you.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Thanks Jake, can I do the below?

I changed the default "Registered" to "Newcomer", so when new member activated their accounts they will go into this "Newcomer" (originally "Registered"). Then, I create a new user group called "Registered" so that when new members meet the criteria, they will automatically be moved to this manually created "Registered". Is this okay? Thank you. :)
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That works, but I would do it backwards. Treat Registered as the initial group with restricted permissions. Then move users to a more privileged group if they meet your criteria. That way you don't have to change the default groups. There is no reason to do so.
  5. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Alright, I got what you mean, maybe I can create one group named "Advanced Member" for those who meet the criteria in "Registered". :D