XF 1.1 Default User Group

Shyuan

Hi,

Supposed by default, a new member registers himself on my forum, he will be categorised in "Registered" after activating his account.

I created a new user group named "NewComer". Someone actually registered and got into "Registered" group instead of "Newcomer" (obviously because I did not make any changes to the sort of like default settings). Where can I change the default user group (for users who have activated their accounts)? I have checked through the options but no hope, unless I missed it.

Could anyone point it out for me? Thank you.

Thanks Jake, can I do the below?

I changed the default "Registered" to "Newcomer", so when new member activated their accounts they will go into this "Newcomer" (originally "Registered"). Then, I create a new user group called "Registered" so that when new members meet the criteria, they will automatically be moved to this manually created "Registered". Is this okay? Thank you. :)

Thanks Jake, can I do the below?

I changed the default "Registered" to "Newcomer", so when new member activated their accounts they will go into this "Newcomer" (originally "Registered"). Then, I create a new user group called "Registered" so that when new members meet the criteria, they will automatically be moved to this manually created "Registered". Is this okay? Thank you. :)

That works, but I would do it backwards. Treat Registered as the initial group with restricted permissions. Then move users to a more privileged group if they meet your criteria. That way you don't have to change the default groups. There is no reason to do so.

Top Bottom