Fixed  Call to action buttons don't always work

TrixieTang

If you click the call to action buttons in the wrong spot they'll act like they've been pressed, however they won't take you anywhere. You have to click them in the right spot or they don't work.

Using Firefox 3.6.10.

I've had this problem since the first beta but until now haven't bothered to mention this (assumed it would eventually get solved in beta 3).

Reproduce:

1) Open Safari in Mac (did not try other environment)
2) Go to create new thread page
3) Click on the 'Create Thread' button

You'll notice the first click makes the page 'jump' and you have to click it a second time to create the thread.

PS: I'm not sure if the same problem exists when replying.

Yes, this seems to happen on an irregular basis. I just posted a new thread without problems too. I'll try to find out what exactly triggers it. It happened on this forum btw.

I've had that in chrome on Win7 as well.... you hit the post thread button, but nothing happens but a slight screen stutter, then you have to hit again, thinking that you didn't click it right the first time.

I've just merged the 2 bugs that were related to this. I have seen this, but I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it yet (as to why it sometimes happens and what the specific circumstances are).

If I had to guess of an underlying cause, it'd be the "click" effect (which involves position: relative).

I've seen this from time to time, but I've yet to put my finger on what is causing it. I'll keep an eye out.

Try to click the top of the "button" to reproduce it.

a.callToAction:active
{
box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1); -webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1); -moz-box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1); -khtml-box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1);
position: relative;
top: 2px;
}

Cursor loses the button.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to look at my style properties now as it changes on hover but not on click.

I've obviously got the same colour set for both actions.

Top Bottom