1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Call to action buttons don't always work

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by TrixieTang, Oct 23, 2010.

1. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Well-Known Member

If you click the call to action buttons in the wrong spot they'll act like they've been pressed, however they won't take you anywhere. You have to click them in the right spot or they don't work.

Using Firefox 3.6.10.
    ibnesayeed likes this.
  2. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I've had this problem since the first beta but until now haven't bothered to mention this (assumed it would eventually get solved in beta 3).

1) Open Safari in Mac (did not try other environment)
    2) Go to create new thread page
    3) Click on the 'Create Thread' button

You'll notice the first click makes the page 'jump' and you have to click it a second time to create the thread.

PS: I'm not sure if the same problem exists when replying.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hmm. I don't have this problem.

Safari 5.0.2
    OS X 10.6.5
  4. dutchbb

Yes, this seems to happen on an irregular basis. I just posted a new thread without problems too. I'll try to find out what exactly triggers it. It happened on this forum btw.
  5. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I've had that in chrome on Win7 as well.... you hit the post thread button, but nothing happens but a slight screen stutter, then you have to hit again, thinking that you didn't click it right the first time.
  6. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I have that same problem with alot of the buttons
  7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Agreed, happens often. :)
  8. dutchbb

Just happened again on my test forum, any feedback from the devs?
  9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've just merged the 2 bugs that were related to this. I have seen this, but I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it yet (as to why it sometimes happens and what the specific circumstances are).

If I had to guess of an underlying cause, it'd be the "click" effect (which involves position: relative).
  10. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've seen this from time to time, but I've yet to put my finger on what is causing it. I'll keep an eye out.
  11. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I've seen this as well, but re-clicking seemed to work. So I thought it was a browser thing.
  12. AlexandrosD

AlexandrosD Active Member

Try to click the top of the "button" to reproduce it.

box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1); -webkit-box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1); -moz-box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1); -khtml-box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0, 0.1);
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;

Cursor loses the button.
    Kier and Vincent like this.
  13. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

I faced it too irregularly. I could not figure out a possible reason yet.
  14. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

It was indeed the shift killing this, as identified by AlexandrosD. I have been unable to work around the issue, so the shift is now gone and replaced with a background colour change.
  15. dutchbb

I think the background effect is better anyway, good job.
  16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, I'm going to have to look at my style properties now as it changes on hover but not on click.

I've obviously got the same colour set for both actions.
  17. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

ditto. I click new thread, nothing happens, I go nuts clicking until it does. :D Happens sporadically.