California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who's to say they ever stopped anyway, for all anyone knows, they've been punching out and testing fixes, patches, and development branches in their "spare time" at their homes since beginning of the lawsuit or last release of XF...
Your speculation has no basis. There was a time earlier this year when they marked bug report threads as "fixed" and even posted something. Now this has stopped for months (besides Kier popping up here and there). This is actually the last fix they made and it's from June. And the list doesn't get smaller by itself.

Your speculation has no basis. There was a time earlier this year when they marked bug report threads as "fixed" and even posted something. Now this has stopped for months (besides Kier popping up here and there). This is actually the last fix they made and it's from June. And the list doesn't get smaller by itself.

Well, at least my "speculation" is better than most others BS speculations and gloom and dooms lol. :) Not sure, but maybe they're instructed not to post updates and etc, in fear of damaging their case more.

"IB team/lawers/devs - "I see the XF boys are still punching out even more "copyrighted code" Judge real.. here's proof on their forums"

Hard to really say though.. Lol!

Mike has been around doing fixes quite recently. The mods ta;lk about it. He just uses invisible mode.

Basically if you were doing a full time job to make your living AND fighting a huge court case you wouldn't do much else either.
If you don't know what doing a big court case does to your life OK fine, you can't know unless you too have had the life gutkicked out of you for several years. But if you don't know, just take it on trust. They CANNOT do any more till this is over.

Reactions: vVv
Well heck, look where the "chat log proof" got em? Even farther into prolonging of the case.. and that's "outsider bs" stuff that got lured/sucked in.. Just imagine if they kept publicly posting updates of the core code / software... that's what main reason for lawsuit in first place. The "copyrighted" whatever stuff. Heck, instead of slow death by pills, just hand the Kam a gun to end it faster ..

People supposedly want this over asap, yet they keep sounding like they want it to drag out even longer lol. By wanting development to start back up yesterday, which would only tack on 1500 more PACER DOCS within 48 hour time period, which would tack on another 2 to 4 years its drug out .. Because IB's panties would be so orgasmic-ally wet and soaked.. because the XF boys continually push out more and more "copyrighted core theft updates" to their customers, because too many whine and want development to be ongoing (if they did this to please the folks)

Well its summary judgement day :) I think some music is in order :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As per usual the hearing is set for 10:00 california time (18:00 GMT). Whilst XenForo has nothing to lose today, it does have a large amount to gain. Anything that doesn't get decided today will go forward to the trial. The date of Which we will find out at Feb 4th.

Personally, given how IB has been unable to produce any evidence to support its claims for the last 18 months, I think today is "the beggining of the end" now that IB will have to produce good cause for all these points to go to trial... of which... we know they have none.

However, i'm also open to the possibility that the judge will favor things going forward to the trial simply due to comments he has made indicated as such.

Fingers crossed for a positive result today!

Maybe Kier sent the judge some of that Southern Comfort donation :whistle:

IMO, it will be finished today. IB has nothing left to push for a trial with and even though comments have indicated otherwise, since then IB has had nothing to put on the table and I'm sure the judge just wants this over now too.

It varies.

Varies and usually the filings are done [appear on public record] the day after. Kier or someone else in contact with XF's legal team would have to report the outcome sooner [otherwise].

It could be all over today, or not. I'm leaning towards not being over today.

From what i´ve read it could mean all of that could be over within today?

Probably not. This judge has stated repeatedly that he wants it to go to trial. Personally, I don't see today doing anything unless something extraordinary happens.

I think the judge will cut away a lot of dead wood and select a few items to g to trial.
That is good for covdering appeal possibilities but also good for redeucing the size of the czse. As we all know almost all of it is rubbish: what isn't rubbish is just tangled up grey area and not much of it.
So worst case: 98% decided in favour of XF.

This judge has stated repeatedly that he wants it to go to trial.

His meaning being as opposed to allowing more amended complaints which would delay the case.

People here seem to not recognize the "validity" of summary judgment. It's not like a summary judgment is something premature. This is the end game. All facts have been established, all legal arguments made. It is now time for a judgment, be it from the judge or jury.

The motion to dismiss two months ago would have been something premature. Summary judgment is not like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom