California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The initial attorneys with the case were terminated. I did note that Alstom and Bird LLC, the previous attorneys, did have links to Barbara Lynn Walsh, Executive VP and Corporate Dev. / Counsel to IB.

Prior to joining Internet Brands in 2000, Walsh was a partner in the Technology group at Alston & Bird LLP in Atlanta, Georgia, where she specialized in public and private offerings of securities, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance.
Was a reason for their termination ever disclosed? Sounds to me like they told IB that their case was going to fail and fail hard and IB retaliated.

I figured as much but just wanted to verify. So does Kier ever pop into this topic and update everyone or is he prohibited from doing so?

People involved in cases rarely speak out every action you take can be used against you, this is true for both parties.

Was a reason for their termination ever disclosed? Sounds to me like they told IB that their case was going to fail and fail hard and IB retaliated.
From what I remember, it happened shortly after IB was taken over. I seem to recall some discussion that the new firm had been involved in working for their new parent company in the past.

Docket 117.

The court had a hearing yesterday.

The following was ascertained:

Busby's motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction is GRANTED WITH PREJUDICE.

Plaintiff's motion to leave to file TAC is granted and denied in part; addition of violation of Cal. Penal Code § 502 (Computer Crimes) is denied and Plaintiff request to dismiss claim 9, Unfair Business Practices, AS WELL AS claim 12, RICO violations, are granted.

All good news it seems!

Claims against Busby are dismissed.
Certain other claims (including Rico and unfair business practices) are also off the table.
Judge denied the addition of Computer Crimes.

All good news it seems!

Claims against Busby are dismissed.
Certain other claims (including Rico and unfair business practices) are also off the table.
Judge denied the addition of Computer Crimes.

Now if only they put that, instead of all that legal bull*beep*, us peons in the real world would understand it! :P
Good news indeed

Now would be a good time for IB to drop the whole thing and claim that it decided to play nice and have both companies benefit from actual trade (Forumrunner, etc.).....out in the free marketplace.
:)

Now would be a good time for IB to drop the whole thing and claim that it decided to play nice and have both companies benefit from actual trade (Forumrunner, etc.).....out in the free marketplace.
:)

They have a better chance at winning this lawsuit than actually competing with xenForo fairly...

Had to look that up, but basically a judgement that's already been made, right?
Hmm

I think shamil was just playing with words.

Basically, we're slowly getting on track to getting this sorted once and for all.

The claims dismissed today with prejudice are a great step forward.

Had to look that up, but basically a judgement that's already been made, right?
Hmm

It's like with prejudice in that it means the plaintiff has lost. The only difference is that with res judicata they can't appeal the decision. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom