California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally gobsmacked. To KAM, keep up the great work and continue to evolve XenForo. I certainly appreciate the product, this site, and the great team including the moderators that have put it on the global market with a great big splash. Be certain there are many others here and elsewhere that are truly behind you every step of the way no matter how hard and long it takes.

I think this was asked earlier in the thread, does the mean the 17th trial will be pushed back?

If today's motion is granted, Plaintiff will be permitted to file a second amended complaint, alleging several new claims and naming several new defendants. Those new defendants cannot possibly be expected to mount a defence and face trial in just a few weeks, so the current November 29th trial date would likely be pushed off for many months.

If today's motion is denied, the next thing will be the hearing for Defendants' motion for summary judgement on November 7. If that motion is granted, there will be no trial on the claims stated in the first amended complaint.

I will close my board before I stop using XenForo software, regardless of the outcome of any lawsuit. It's the only paltform I've found that I really liked to use as an admin that my users also thought we worth using.
I used to run all my forums on vBulletin and while most of my communities kicked off and grew very big I normaly used to drift alway because it bored me and it just wasnt fun but it was the best thing on the market. . I liked IPB even less . . Now I find xF and I am loving it so much! I have not had passion for my projects like this in a while and my members could not be any happier. They will have to separate my corpse from xF before I give it up.

I will close my board before I stop using XenForo software, regardless of the outcome of any lawsuit. It's the only paltform I've found that I really liked to use as an admin that my users also thought we worth using.
heh...just host it where the law doesn't work :p

Sorry, KMA! Thing is, it will take longer, but it also means that more people who left IB will have their say, if I'm understanding this correctly.
Also, did I misunderstand or is this a jury trial? If jury, it means that the jury will have the opportunity to hear from even more people why they bailed from IB.
If that's all the case, then this grand strategy on the part of IB might just backfire.

Judge R has been on the bench a longgg time from what I understand...
I like to think that he is familiar with the old saying that for some people, if you give them enough rope...
This decision might be seen as giving them that rope.

They had a place for donation but it came out, they may not use that... as I could remember.. so if you want to donate, buy additional licenses or brandfree option
If anything you should leave the branding to show that you are proud to use XenForo(Even though doing that wont give them money ;(...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom