California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that a problem for you? you´re a rich man............ :) you can give them enough backfire ^^

What richness are you talking about ? I am working very hard to provide my families needs. Now i have to spare tons of lawyer costs which i should be spending to my daughter.

Meh, kinda expected it, hoped it wouldn't.

Maybe he is just giving IB what they want until the 7th when he will grant XFL's request for summary judgement :)?

Bottom line is they have a lot more to lose financially. I wouldn't be surprised if H&F is trying to find a sucker to buy IB right now; the series of lawsuits is the only thing keeping IB from spiraling downwards.

I think you don't understand the power behind them. vB is a part of Internet Brands which is a SMALL part of Idealab. Lets look at who they own, shall we?

If it were just vB vs. XF I'd not be worried. But I don't know how far up their financial reach goes.

What richness are you talking about ? I am working very hard to provide my families needs. Now i have to spare tons of lawyer costs which i should be spending to my daughter.
I never really hated a company, but reading these things...

It's obvious to me this whole thing is about money and power, and abusing the system with it. Hopefully it will all be over soon.

I think you don't understand the power behind them. vB is a part of Internet Brands which is a SMALL part of Idealab. Lets look at who they own, shall we?

If I were on the Board of a certain company holding a fat portfolio of lots of profitable companies, then came to the line item entry: (of a certain company that used to be full of talent and positive market reputation and profit) and now saw all of the loss of programming talent, the less and less profitability and loss of reputation-equity while getting its behind handed to it by a small but extremely talented and diligent group of former employees, I might consider relieving certain senior managers of their duties for creating such a sh*tstorm in an otherwise quietly profitable and competitive portfolio. Speaking hypothetically of course.

I see. How many times can they do this? Won't it get to the point where the case will ultimately have to be decided? Or can they delay forever?

As many times as they can present to the judge that that have credible new information relating to the case that needs to be addressed in this lawsuit.

The key point being the judge, they have to get his permission to do it. However, he is bound that if he believes the new evidence to be credible, he has to allow it to be amended to the complaint and away we go.

To be honest, after following the MDY vs Blizzard case, which started in 2007 and only this year has been finalised with an out of court settlement of an undisclosed nature, we can potentially be looking at years worth of appeals if it ends up going as far as the 9th circuit.

that was a joke, i have seen the situation on vbseo in the last time..............:) i know, that your buisness is not easy!

wait up, or have you seen a officiell paper? here is a lot of noise.........but we have all not seen facts!

i know what i have to do now, i buy on 30.10.11 my next 2 boards here........finish :) and if i find someone, who buys my 2 ip-boards-i spend the money again in kiers and mikes software......more i cant do, to help the guys here.

As many times as they can present to the judge that that have credible new information relating to the case that needs to be addressed in this lawsuit.

The key point being the judge, they have to get his permission to do it. However, he is bound that if he believes the new evidence to be credible, he has to allow it to be amended to the complaint and away we go.

To be honest, after following the MDY vs Blizzard case, which started in 2007 and only this year has been finalised with an out of court settlement of an undisclosed nature, we can potentially be looking at years worth of appeals if it ends up going as far as the 9th circuit.
That is so blarg........

Interestingly, my post about who owns them appears to be a bit out of date. As stated in another post after that, IB is now owned by Hellman & Friedman.

I think this actually makes it worse because it is a new acquisition and they will be fighting to keep it solvent.

Argh...I hate IB. If only the judge could see all the people that had already flocked from vB to IPB then I think the judge would understand what is going on. Had I held off a lil longer on vb3.8, I would have converted to xF. But we are too deep now into IPS software that we are stuck sadly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom