California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defendant's memorandum of contentions of fact and law pretty much sum up why xf should win. I don't see much that needs further explanation. They did a really smart job of dismantling vB's claims.

Now I know why lawyers make so much money. The document produced by Grace & Grace for XenForo is incredible. The logocal arguments reinforced by solid research and documentation should sway the judge. It was quite a read.

Jeff

PS. I'm waiting for Shamil's posts. I always find them enlightening.

Reactions: Dan
Anybody know what the reference to document #361 is about since it pertains to an apparent DDOS attack?

AEO (ATTORNEYS’ EYES ONLY) means pretty much we are not privy to it.

why evidence of a ddos attack needs to be confidential is beyond me though...I imagine they worked harder on fabricating that "evidence" than they have on making their customers happy....I know they didn't make me happy when I was there...I was just another number to them.

TBH I almost gave up trying to learn to build for the web because of them so they can tell all the stories they want...I hope they realize they can't hide crap in the snow forever.

From vBs document:

...Plaintiff, by virtue of being the largest bulletin vboard software provider in the United States, had a prospecvtive economic relationship with every person who purchases or uses bulletin board software and an economic benefit derived therefrom.

LOLWUT?

...caused Plaintiff's existing and potential customers to purchase the XenForo software instead of vBulletin...

Umm no. I, an existing vBulletin customer, hereby declare that the reason I ended up shifting away from vBulletin is BECAUSE VBULLETIN 4 IS ****E AND SHOWS ABSOLUTELY NO IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER EVEN NOW, ALMOST TWO YEARS AFTER IT WAS RELEASED.

I regretted installing vB4 on a live forum so much that I did not bother installing it on a second site, and instead kept that on vB 3.8. I would rather have cut my own testicles off with a blunt spoon than have spent more money on vB. I would rather go to war serving in a French army unit code-named "RUN AWAY" than buy another vB license.

I'll be on the defendants it seems, I only read the IB one when I had posted.
ahhh... well from that same document you read after I just learned something I did not know :-) Enjoy the trip to LA:-)
From vBs document:
LOLWUT?
found myself saying that a lot while skimming through some of the lines...I have a hard time believing they wouldn't do good finacially writing children's books.

With all the vB staff witnesses leaving will they actually have anyone turn up in court?

Fabian was VP of Technology, was promoted to VP of vBulletin a few weeks back and today it is announced guess what ............. he is off to another company. It's like rats jumping off a burning ship.

I regretted installing vB4 on a live forum so much that I did not bother installing it on a second site, and instead kept that on vB 3.8. I would rather have cut my own testicles off with a blunt spoon than have spent more money on vB. I would rather go to war serving in a French army unit code-named "RUN AWAY" than buy another vB license.
I'd love to hear how lawyers would put that on paper, in lawyer lingo, you know. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom