California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The complaint does not claim that I worked for Internet Brands, it claims that I worked for vBulletin Solutions Inc. This is not possible, as VBSI was not incorporated until several months after I left Jelsoft.

Very good point, I remember them making the decision (well after you'd parted company with IB). To change VB to VBS.

I've been reading a lot about all this. And have to say that IB don't seem to know what they are doing and saying, one minute to the next. They keep contradicting themselves, in what they claim big time.

I just hope that Kier slapped a counter claim on the lawsuit so IB can pay for there attorney fee's when Xenforo win's the court case.

I just hope that Kier slapped a counter claim on the lawsuit so IB can pay for there attorney fee's when Xenforo win's the court case.
You normally have to prove though that they had zero justification in the first instance to be in court in the first place... if you don't meet that burden, then it can kind off be counter productive and you endup just paying a crap load more legal costs. I think people watch way too much TV if they think it works that way with court costs. Usually the only people to win from money in the majority of cases is the lawyers. The quicker you get away from court, period, the sooner you begin to stop wasting money on legal fee's from my experience.

You normally have to prove though that they had zero justification in the first instance to be in court in the first place... if you don't meet that burden, then it can kind off be counter productive and you endup just paying a crap load more legal costs. I think people watch way too much TV if they think it works that way with court costs. Usually the only people to win from money in the majority of cases is the lawyers. The quicker you get away from court, period, the sooner you begin to stop wasting money on legal fee's from my experience.

I think that announcing a lawsuit on the evening, 12 hours away from the announcement of xenforo's release, and then have potential customers posting around the internet "due to this lawsuit I am holding off" and the comments from 'worried' customers not buying additional licenses, is a potential resource to refer to when calculating potential damages.

Floris makes some very valid points. I recall IB claiming XF was based on stolen code. Which at the time didn't make sense - I'm not sure what it's like now, none of us do, except for the developers.

IB did damage business.

Ray Morgan
Adrian Harris
Fabian Schonholz
Members of Joe. Rosemblum's technical team for vB
Wait, what the hell!? Why is Ray Morgan summoned now? :confused:

And VBS is playing the whole "trade secrets" card!? HAHAHAHAHA....Ahhh...Nice iB.

Judge, throw this out. Out. OUT.

And just now I see iB has a sister corp? Que?

Wait, what the hell!? Why is Ray Morgan summoned now? :confused:

And VBS is playing the whole "trade secrets" card!? HAHAHAHAHA....Ahhh...Nice iB.

Judge, throw this out. Out. OUT.

They didn't just pay him a huge huge bonus to act like a duchebag and run away to South America to hide from everyone for nothing :p

This suit claims that Darby was working ON LOCATION at the El Segundo headquarters, whereas Kier has outspokenly said that he DID not meet with the team at VBSI. Someone's lying, and someone's putting a wool over this suit, it seems to me.
They didn't just pay him a huge huge bonus to act like a duchebag and run away to South America to hide from everyone for nothing :p
lol.

Reading this more it gets more and more ridiculous, I mean, what does his access to iB's fleet of websites have to do with anything? o_O I don't think he cares about the other websites in iB's portfolio.

This suit claims that Darby was working ON LOCATION at the El Segundo headquarters, whereas Kier has outspokenly said that he DID not meet with the team at VBSI. Someone's lying, and someone's putting a wool over this suit, it seems to me.

lol.

The claim says that he worked for VBSI, whereas VBSI was incorporated after IB took over fully.

The claim says that he worked for VBSI, whereas VBSI was incorporated after IB took over fully.
The original one did, but this one goes one step further by saying and I quote "Darby, on multiple occasions traveled to California and worked, along with the other VBSI developers" Its in #10 of the first amended update by iB.

Ohhh. I love the part where iB says in #20 where they say that Kier complained about the management at iB. Awe....Someone DID stand up to iB management!

lol.

Reading this more it gets more and more ridiculous, I mean, what does his access to iB's fleet of websites have to do with anything? :confused: I don't think he cares about the other websites in iB's portfolio.

I wasn't going to get involved. But i guess I have to ask. Wouldn't Kiers passport be proof of his travels? Locations he worked at? Obviously he never worked in Californian the passport would be valid proof of him not working there? I could be wrong here in that assumption but wouldn't that expose the lies over at IB.

I'm going by the "El Segundo" and also assuming that is somewhere in california.

I wonder if the new IB owners are going to be pissed by this case going on. As it will make IB look like a bunch of idiots running the show there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom