Calendar?

DoctorWatsOn

Is it me being stupid and missing something, or is there no calendar?
hmm.gif

Kier, Im no fanboy, but Im really excited at where you're going with xenforo. Im definitely not renewing my vB license and jumping on board the xen train when its ready. Woot Woot!

lol

With XF it's "all aboard the xen train, woot woot"
With vB it's "all aboard the fail boat, iceberg ahead"

*runs*

Event systems are known für hidden bugs and its quite intensive to do one. A simple calendar with small functions can give the basic background for addon developers. That should be enough i think.

By default, I believe a calendar should be feature rich to be an incentive for forum owners to actually utilize it.

It was unsinkable... Just not in water... Or with icebergs.

IB is completely unsinkable... Just not in business... Or with competitors willing to take user input.

Lol Nice... Though if you believe

http://www.virginmedia.com/digital/features/greatest-conspiracy-theories.php?ssid=10 said:
Conspiracy theory:
It wasn’t RMS Titanic which sunk but its sister ship the Olympic. Rather than stump up for repair costs after the Olympic crashed, the shipping line switched ships, crashed the Titanic and cashed in on a massive insurance payout.
This theory revolves around the fact that the ship’s owner cancelled his ticket and boiler men resigning.
the titanic never sunk... wonder if there will be a similar conspiracy about IB in a few years time lol...

@Caliburn & bookmark
True -for some...
But for those of use whose forum is based on events and activities - it is absolutely essentual.

I don't use blogs.... But I understand some sites need that feature....

No matter how fantastic this software becomes (and I know it will)...
If it doesn't have event/calendar support - I won't be able to switch.... Which would crush my excitment.

+3

I also use the calendar, forum members post details of events and so on. Also, I have added custom fields for location, and these are taken and plotted on a google map, so you can see events listed on a map, and click on the pins to see the event. But the (vB) calendar has always looked a bit ugly, so will be interesting to see how Xenforo tackles it in a later version. Not sure though, how I could work without a calendar in the mean time.

I have an event-driven site that relies heavily on a modified version of the vb calendar. Like others have said, a robust calendar feature that integrates with the forum is a must for event-driven communities. And it is something we'd pay extra for if need be versus a bundled deal.

Top Bottom