Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
@NixFifty Did the latest update fix either of these issues?

Would like to renew but these old bugs that haven't gotten any attention are honestly stopping me from doing so. If not no worries, I'll keep an eye out for future releases (y)

Thanks!

Out of interest - Do you think Calendar could/would ever become a core part of XF? Does it hold any baring on yourself being an XF Dev?

Looks like the fix worked, thank you so much!

At the current moment I am working to extend NF\Calendar functionality because we are importing data from vBulletin and need to be able to use a scenario of type "Monthly, 3rd Tuesday of the month", so I am working on extending the "3rd Tuesday of the month" part.

I actually managed to extend the html templates and NF\Calendar\Repository\Event::recurEvent(), but not sure about two methods: NF\Calendar\Entity\Event::rebuildNextDate() and NF\Calendar\Entity\Event::rebuildRecurringEndDate() .

Can you please describe their functionality? Because I am not sure if I should do any modification to them as well. Thanks!

Reactions: Naz
Looks like the fix worked, thank you so much!

At the current moment I am working to extend NF\Calendar functionality because we are importing data from vBulletin and need to be able to use a scenario of type "Monthly, 3rd Tuesday of the month", so I am working on extending the "3rd Tuesday of the month" part.

I actually managed to extend the html templates and NF\Calendar\Repository\Event::recurEvent(), but not sure about two methods: NF\Calendar\Entity\Event::rebuildNextDate() and NF\Calendar\Entity\Event::rebuildRecurringEndDate() .

Can you please describe their functionality? Because I am not sure if I should do any modification to them as well. Thanks!
rebuildNextDate is used to calculate the next occurrence of the event from today based on the interval and unit set. rebuildRecurringEndDate is used to calculate the date recurrence will end depending on whether there is a limit to the number of occurrences or a specific end date in mind. Depending on how you've implemented your additions, you might need to expand on the logic in these functions too to make sure the next / end dates are correct.

rebuildNextDate is used to calculate the next occurrence of the event from today based on the interval and unit set. rebuildRecurringEndDate is used to calculate the date recurrence will end depending on whether there is a limit to the number of occurrences or a specific end date in mind. Depending on how you've implemented your additions, you might need to expand on the logic in these functions too to make sure the next / end dates are correct.
Thanks @NixFifty . What I am not sure about is when is the result of these methods used. Are there any specific scenarios?

Thanks @NixFifty . What I am not sure about is when is the result of these methods used. Are there any specific scenarios?
next_date is used in the UI to display the next occurrence of an event, in permission checks and most importantly for ordering when dealing with non-recurring and recurring events.

recurring_end_date is used to determine whether an event will be recurring within a specific date range.

Again, depending on how you've implemented your additions, you might need to expand on the logic within the respective functions otherwise there's potentially undefined behaviour specifically with ordering/filtering events and rendering them on the FullCalendar component.

There seems to be a few missing phrases for the event after it is past. The "Attended", "May Have Attended", and "Did Not Attend", along with the past event description.

@NixFifty Running a military board - was wondering if there is anyway to create events with ZULU timezone. And if not, is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks!

Top Bottom