Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
This addon persistently seems to be overlooked in comparison to the other addons :( It's a shame more time isn't put into this.

Last I looked, the forum had multiple unresolved bug reports and questions. This isn't a personal slight, but it's very frustrating. I'd rather it be unmaintained and passed to another developer for some new love to be put in.

Or moved to XF core. That would be me dreaming, though.

This addon persistently seems to be overlooked in comparison to the other addons :( It's a shame more time isn't put into this.

Last I looked, the forum had multiple unresolved bug reports and questions. This isn't a personal slight, but it's very frustrating. I'd rather it be unmaintained and passed to another developer for some new love to be put in.

Or moved to XF core. That would be me dreaming, though.

I agree. Absolutely LOVE @NixFifty 's mods. They have suited our board so far really well. But the support forum has left me hanging on 2 questions so far...

I agree. Absolutely LOVE @NixFifty 's mods. They have suited our board so far really well. But the support forum has left me hanging on 2 questions so far...
I even offered at one point to get the forum into shape, get rid of spam/repeated questions and move things to the correct places. Just a bit of simple moderating for some structure - but I don't think it was wanted. It just looks uninviting and will put new customers off.

1664812536594.webp

Experiencing this glitch whenever the event is past the date of attendance. Seems to consistently happen.

Also, is there any option to get rid of "maybe" RSVP option? So just "yes" or "no" when it comes to RSVP?
And is there a way to set an RSVP deadline?

Last edited:
View attachment 274305

Experiencing this glitch whenever the event is past the date of attendance. Seems to consistently happen.
This is fixed in the next version, thanks.
Also, is there any option to get rid of "maybe" RSVP option? So just "yes" or "no" when it comes to RSVP?
And is there a way to set an RSVP deadline?
I'll look in to it.
Any planned updates @NixFifty ? Looking forward to seeing more :)

Yes, they are planned.

I just read through every single comment in this thread and whilst this add-on looks fantastic, I'm not sure I'm confident enough to buy it due to the number of bugs/issues.

Can someone give me an update on this?

Has it improved any? Are there still issues?

I just read through every single comment in this thread and whilst this add-on looks fantastic, I'm not sure I'm confident enough to buy it due to the number of bugs/issues.

It’s a good calendar mod. But we are still waiting for the next update to fix the recent bugs listed above.

I've been digging through threads dating back as far as 2010.

Seems people have been requesting a calendar feature as default within Xenforo for years now.

I've been digging through threads dating back as far as 2010.

Seems people have been requesting a calendar feature as default within Xenforo for years now.
Issues reported since the last update are still there. There hasn't been an update in over a year, and even then - they were small additions/fixes.

For the most up to date information, it's best to check the development site for it (prefixes can be used to search for this addon)

I'm still waiting on next release to get going with all of these fixes rolled in.

I would wait until there's a reasonable update. There are still quite a few bugs that haven't been resolved in 2 years, and after paying $60 for this add-on, the author is asking for more money just to fix things, see this thread: https://nixfifty.com/threads/more-active-development.17534/

Highly disappointed, I'm not even looking for huge new features, just for the add-on to be working fully as intended.

Well, in fairness for the amount of work involved, $60 is nothing.

I can only imagine just how challenging it would be trying to build the product, take onboard all the feature requests and deal with never ending customer support. All for $60.

After reading through this thread and many others, I think it's fair to say that many developers are probably over extending themselves and might be better off just focusing on one thing, and making that one thing incredible - rather than trying to build everything and doing so, poorly.

Just my 2c

It's just a sad state of affairs that addons sold are now effected by lack of time due to working on core development work within XenForo itself.

Time and lack of updates was a problem before Nix came on team to XF and now updates are even more sparse. There's others that have paid a lot of money to have features added for them never to materialise. I wasn't involved in those conversations, and of course - there's two sides to every story but it just seems this entire saga of the calendar addon is marred in people 'waiting' for changes to come.

As I suggested in that thread posted above (I'm the op) - It's a shame that if there isn't time or enthusiasm to make the addon better or atleast work as intended, then why not give it over to someone who could take it to new heights.

I hope things turn a page and change for the better. I've been hoping for a long time. Maybe just roll the addon into XF core and have it better supported? @Kier @Chris D

Since NixFifty is XenForo staff now, you would think the Calendar could be a core community function of the XenForo software eventually. Most communities can utilize this fundamental functionality these days.

So, Cancelling an event works fine. HOWEVER, there is nothing on the calendar display to note that an event is actually cancelled....perhaps the Title should be strikethru text?
https://forum.ih8mud.com/events/ (go to August, see Rubithon starting August 19)

Additionally, the "This event has been cancelled." text at the top of the Event page might benefit from an optional background color, ie: red or yellow (or, admin choice)

Hey Woody I just registered on your site to take another look at this Calendar addon and it looks pretty good. How have you found it? Have you been able to use it okay without too many problems? Also, as I don't have permissions to create an event, can you tell me if adding the map (location) is optional or is that compulsory? I ask as all my events are virtual. Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom