Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
I'm looking to purchase this addon, but given that it appears to need some work, I'll hold fast until you have time, @Naz.
Hopefully it will happen soon, but at least you know you have $60 incoming when there is an update.

Bug on recurring events, possibly related to 2024 being a leap year?

When adding/editing a recurring event, after save the event is for the day after date picker.

For example, here we see an add/edit with Mon 22 Jan (today) within the date picker.
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 21.21.41.webp

When saved and displayed, the event is now for the following day, Tue 23 Jan (tomorrow).
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 21.21.59.webp

If you re-edit the event and untick the recurring option, the event is then showed correctly for 22 Jan (today). Edit once more, and only (re)tick occurring, without changing the date, and event again jumps to 23 Jan (tomorrow).

Appears this paid resource has been abandoned and unmaintained.
No updates in 2+ years, and author hasn't responded/engaged in 4+ months, despite being tagged and bugs raised.

I don’t think he has abandoned the addon, he is probably been tied up with XF 2.2.x and 3.0
No updates in 2+ years, and author hasn't responded/engaged in 4+ months, despite being tagged and bugs raised.

You must have a different expectation to me on what is considered engagement and abandonment on paid resources.
It's why XF has a resources housekeeping policy.

I personally don't think a developer/product owner should offer things for sale (be it any price, but especially a premium price for an addon in terms of other addons of a similar price bracket) if they cannot actively support and engage with their customers on at least a semi-regular basis. 4+ months is not 'semi-regular' and the support forum itself has many unanswered posts and threads.

My personal thoughts are sales and support should officially be paused until the developer actually has a window of time on a continual basis to support his products. If this product can't be supported, then change the status. It gives false hope and poor value to customers who rightly expect more.

I also think this personally reflects badly on XF. It's not a good image. I'm happy that we have more developers on board for XF- it's a great thing, but putting too many eggs in one basket isn't. Do one or the other - both don't seem to be working, at least for this addon.

No offence intended.

I personally don't think a developer/product owner should offer things for sale (be it any price, but especially a premium price for an addon in terms of other addons of a similar price bracket) if they cannot actively support and engage with their customers on at least a semi-regular basis. 4+ months is not 'semi-regular' and the support forum itself has many unanswered posts and threads.
This is why the housekeeping policy exists, and should be actioned. Otherwise, XF is saying that this sort of behaviour is acceptable for their product and brand. Even more so when it's a staff developer.

This is why the housekeeping policy exists, and should be actioned. Otherwise, XF is saying that this sort of behaviour is acceptable for their product and brand. Even more so when it's a staff developer.

This will typically only apply to resources where the author is no longer licensed, has had their forum account deleted, has been permanently banned, or has not visited the site for a period of time.

I want to apologise for not updating this (and some of my other products) for the past two years. Being busy isn't an excuse, and I realise I have a higher standard to uphold that I've often fallen short of. With 2.3 development winding down, I'll be updating this and my other products more frequently. As a gesture of goodwill, I have also extended licenses.

Bug on recurring events, possibly related to 2024 being a leap year?

When adding/editing a recurring event, after save the event is for the day after date picker.

For example, here we see an add/edit with Mon 22 Jan (today) within the date picker.
View attachment 296983

When saved and displayed, the event is now for the following day, Tue 23 Jan (tomorrow).
View attachment 296984

If you re-edit the event and untick the recurring option, the event is then showed correctly for 22 Jan (today). Edit once more, and only (re)tick occurring, without changing the date, and event again jumps to 23 Jan (tomorrow).
FWIW, I can't reproduce this but recurring dates are kind of wonky. I have a version where the implementation of them has been entirely rewritten but it needs more testing. I'll send it over to you directly with some caveats later.

I want to apologise for not updating this (and some of my other products) for the past two years. Being busy isn't an excuse, and I realise I have a higher standard to uphold that I've often fallen short of. With 2.3 development winding down, I'll be updating this and my other products more frequently. As a gesture of goodwill, I have also extended licenses.

FWIW, I can't reproduce this but recurring dates are kind of wonky. I have a version where the implementation of them has been entirely rewritten but it needs more testing. I'll send it over to you directly with some caveats later.
I tried to download the latest version pushed yesterday but unfortunately can only download the previous version. Do I need to dm you for the goodwill extended licence gesture? Not sure of the terms.

I hope there's a bright future here. Thank you.

I tried to download the latest version pushed yesterday but unfortunately can only download the previous version. Do I need to dm you for the goodwill extended licence gesture? Not sure of the terms.

Ditto here.

Ditto here.
I’ll check your licenses tomorrow and get back to you. It should apply to all customers.

They've been wonky for quite some time. I can reproduce it easily/everytime, as per demonstrated in prior post.

These should be sorted now. Feel free to reach out to me directly if there's still issues.

Thanks, works for me now. Appreciated it. There's a 2 year long list worth of bugs with this one from me so hope you can get to working through those at some point. Happy to repro them to help you out.

This update has failed for me, has anyone else been able to successfully update?
Extracted/copied all files into appropriate dir structure, but neither ACP nor cmd.php show an upgrade as being available/possible.

And with the 2.4.4 files within the XF dir structure and unable to trigger the upgrade, now getting ongoing errors in ACP ..
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canAlertRespondents is not callable on the given object (NF\Calendar\Entity\Event) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1190

Last edited:
This update has failed for me, has anyone else been able to successfully update?
Extracted/copied all files into appropriate dir structure, but neither ACP nor cmd.php show an upgrade as being available/possible.

And with the 2.4.4 files within the XF dir structure and unable to trigger the upgrade, now getting ongoing errors in ACP ..
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canAlertRespondents is not callable on the given object (NF\Calendar\Entity\Event) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1190
Does it work if you upload the archive and use the add-on installer to update? I just tried and it worked fine.

Does it work if you upload the archive and use the add-on installer to update? I just tried and it worked fine.
I don't have that functionality active within my web server config, so always done via cli

Top Bottom