XF 1.5 Caching Problems

Greetings everyone. I have been using file cahing since I installed my XF forum.

It was everything fine until a few days ago and my forum started to show this error:

Code:
Zend_Cache_Exception: cache_dir is not writable - library/Zend/Cache.php:209

Then I set my cache directory to writable. My cache directory was writable but problems continued.

Then I changed to front end cache today, but it makes my site really slow. A page was opening in minutes...

So I cleared all caching from config.php now it's all fine but there are no caching as you know.

How can I get rid of this problems?

@Kier @Brogan

If you don't know why you'd want to use file caching specifically, I likely wouldn't recommend it. There are various server considerations to take place, at best. With XenForo's design, on an average server, you're probably better not using any caching vs a file system cache (because MySQL is probably going to do a better job with that data).

If you want to use a cache, I would recommend a memory-only cache (such as Memcached).

I understand. So, I want to use memcache. But I really have no idea to fill the fields in memcache code that given in Defining a Cache page on XenForo manual. Can you help me to include it to my website without any problems? @Mike

Top Bottom