1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Caching Problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Ozan Çorumlu, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Ozan Çorumlu

Ozan Çorumlu New Member

Greetings everyone. I have been using file cahing since I installed my XF forum.

It was everything fine until a few days ago and my forum started to show this error:

Code:
    Zend_Cache_Exception: cache_dir is not writable - library/Zend/Cache.php:209
    Then I set my cache directory to writable. My cache directory was writable but problems continued.

Then I changed to front end cache today, but it makes my site really slow. A page was opening in minutes...

So I cleared all caching from config.php now it's all fine but there are no caching as you know.

How can I get rid of this problems?

@Kier @Brogan

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you don't know why you'd want to use file caching specifically, I likely wouldn't recommend it. There are various server considerations to take place, at best. With XenForo's design, on an average server, you're probably better not using any caching vs a file system cache (because MySQL is probably going to do a better job with that data).

If you want to use a cache, I would recommend a memory-only cache (such as Memcached).

3. Ozan Çorumlu

Ozan Çorumlu New Member

I understand. So, I want to use memcache. But I really have no idea to fill the fields in memcache code that given in Defining a Cache page on XenForo manual. Can you help me to include it to my website without any problems? @Mike

4. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

The memcached config on that page is all you need, copy and paste it.