Bye

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you guys talking about ? Why would hav Kier or Mike left ? Did they gave up with XenForo ? I don't understand anything.

Because Mike's (apparently) in invisible mode on here there was speculation that he left, he (apparently) didn't invite Kier to his wedding, etc. All stupid speculation that could be solved so easily.

This is the current news:

1) 1.2 has been delayed. No ETA as of yet.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-2-delayed.32889/

2) The lawsuit is ongoing. The trial date is currently set for January 15, 2013. XenForo expects to win if the case goes to trial.

3) Kier posted a few months ago that he was dealing with personal stuff but that he is back now:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hello-again.30309/

Everything else is speculation.

Now that is settled. Let's keep this on topic. This is ragtek's "good bye" thread.

I'm a big fan of some of Ragtek's add-ons.

Wish you the best and hope for your return.

Just one week I'd like to come here and see positive news.

Let's keep this on topic. This is ragtek's "good bye" thread.

I'd argue that the reason he's leaving is on topic but I know that all discussing it will do is cause you more hassle so will leave it there. KAM have had more than enough chances to settle the all down but neglected to do so :-(

I know Brogan tried for months to get them to comment in here and failed so I doubt you'll have much more luck but it'd be great if you could relay everyones concerns to KAM.

I am the most newest and irrelevant member to poke into this but every community has its own Story , so no comments on that but as a greatest contributor , I will too miss ragtek .

Wish he comeback soon :) All the Best (y)

KAM have had more than enough chances to settle the all down but neglected to do so :-(

I am going to quote a post of mine from a different thread:

Honestly, if you are concerned then you should act on it (e.g. move to Lithium). Don't make other people responsible for your concern. You are basically saying, "I am concerned, now you need to talk me out of it." It's a weird kind of emotional dumping that people do and it is very draining, not just to your target but to everyone around you.

I am not criticizing or invalidating your concern. I just encourage you to take responsibility for it and act on it instead of making other people responsible. Make a judgment based on the available information. Here is a recent post of mine with all current information about XenForo:

This is the current news:

1) 1.2 has been delayed. No ETA as of yet.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-2-delayed.32889/

2) The lawsuit is ongoing. The trial date is currently set for January 15, 2013. XenForo expects to win if the case goes to trial.

3) Kier posted a few months ago that he was dealing with personal stuff but that he is back now:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hello-again.30309/

Everything else is speculation.

If that speculation concerns you then you shouldn't renew your license.

Let me know if you have any specific forum requirements, questions about the lawsuit, etc. I will be happy to help you with your forum.

WOW!! Concerned customers are being asked to leave now? Or is it just those that feel compelled to express their concerns?

Not at all. Floren is the one who suggested that he might move to Lithium. His idea, not mine. If he were to solicit my opinion then I would tell him to stay. But he didn't ask.

My larger point that I was trying to quote is that people need to take responsibility for their concerns and not put them on other people.

I appreciate the clarification.. That was damn near the straw that broke the Camels back for me.

Lack of positive news isn't the problem. The problem is that people focus on the negative stuff, most of which is their own creation. It's natural.
I strongly disagree. The problem is that Xenforo faces an existential threat and the two developers refuse to commuicate with their customers. There is obviously a serious problem but the majority of people here are in denial.

baghdadbob.webp
Don't worry. There is no problem here.​

Actually there is no disagreement between us. It's important not to start that way. That's how bad threads happen. Though this does serve to illustrate my point about negativity. You created a conflict between us and ran with it.
You said the problem is not a lack of good news. Again, I strongly disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom