Cannot reproduce By design or bug? BB Code Media Sites Not Overwritten By Add-On Install

Kevin

To help keep my XF changes synced across multiple sites I use add-ons to group together the changes so I can then quickly export & then import them elsewhere. One of the add-ons is custom BB Code Media Site definitions.

While making some changes with XF 1.3.0 I had a media site definition that existed on two sites, Site A & Site B. On Site A the definition was associated with an add-on, on Site B it was not.

When I exported the add-on from Site A and then imported to Site B the existing media site definition still showed as not being associated with the newly imported add-on.

Bug or by design? I can understand why it'd be ' by design' since it helps to avoid overwriting an existing settings that are not associated by the add-on but at the same time there may be instances where existing media site definitions that are not already associated with an add-on might want to be overwritten by an add-on (eg: somebody has an add-on that completely overhauls "youtube" embeds and wants to export it for others to use).

I'm good either way, just figured I'd put it out there in case. ;)

I can't reproduce this and the code definitely sets the add-on when importing. Perhaps your browser was showing a cached form value? (Firefox does this quite a lot.)

I can't reproduce this and the code definitely sets the add-on when importing. Perhaps your browser was showing a cached form value? (Firefox does this quite a lot.)
MMmmm.... thanks for checking it out. I'll try to recreate the scenario and see if I can duplicate it again (I'm now on 1.3.1 everywhere). Firefox? Bah! :P

@Mike I tried to duplicate the steps again and this time the BB Code Media Site definition was overwritten as expected and is now associated to the add-on that was imported.

You can close this one, thanks, and chalk it up to "Kevin experimenting after midnight again." :whistle:

Top Bottom