Buy XenForo with a credit card?

Stemis

I do not have a PayPal account, because my country is not listed in PayPal countries. What can I say, very nice to us. :) .
Why is not available buying XenForo directly with a credit card?

I can't find this option. :(

Go along with the PayPal payment method and you will come to a PayPal section that says you can pay with credit card if not having an account. I know because I only purchased XenForo yesterday and have no PayPal account either.

But it is a tad confusing to spot and not very obvious at all.

I was thinking that, you could create a PayPal account to pay, then just close it later on if you don't want to run one. Or, the best option, ask a friend to let you use their paypal account to pay for it.

Something about PayPal you should be aware off though, it caught me out fine style and why I don't run one now. If you open an account and then close it without removing your CC/DD card details linked with that account before closing down. They keep it on record still and won't allow you to open another PayPal account later using the same CC or DD.

Just contact XF Ltd. via the Contact-Form and they will give you their Bank-account number (IBAN + BIC) and instructions and you can then send the money via bank-transfer easily.
Once you have paid, they will give you access to your XF-customer account.

Just contact XF Ltd. via the Contact-Form and they will give you their Bank-account number (IBAN + BIC) and instructions and you can then send the money via bank-transfer easily.
Once you have paid, they will give you access to your XF-customer account.
That's what I just did. I have no other choice.

As to why XenForo don't process Credit/Debit cards directly, it's because it would a total pain in the backside for this to be set up and for PCI compliancy etc.
Not strictly true, they could use the SagePay Form, that takes the client off XF.com onto SagePay's servers where the card details are entered and then they get returned to XF after the transaction, no PCI complicancy required.

You do however need a merchant account and a SagePay account, both of which cost money, so it would depend if they expect to get enough usage to make it worthwhile.

Top Bottom