1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy Forums?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Caleb Spilchen, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Does anyone know where I could buy some forums with xx,xxx posts, and xxx,xxx posts?

{I hope this is OK to post here}

Caleb

2. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

sitepoint.com - hit the forums and browse down and down and down to their marketplace forum. Generally a few forums up for sale :) Sorry they use vB so don't tend to visit there that often.

3. thought all sites for sale from there was moved to flippa.com?

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Any forum with a marketplace where you are allowed to post a request to buy forums, or where users can offer them, would be the right place. http://wetalknation.net/marketplace is such a place.

I am equally interested in acquiring sites who need a restart, or are about to die theirs, but would rather see it live on on the net in some form. Or those who finished building theirs and want to sell it of to a new owner. I just hate seeing sites die when it wasn't needed.

5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Ahem ... "Sorry they use vB so don't tend to visit there that often."

Just a suggestion, we actually sold a forum via sitepoint a few years back, surprising to see what active ones are worth.

6. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

I am definitely interested in this as well.

7. ...I've been looking around

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

digitalpoint & flippa

9. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Are you interested in english only forums or in forums in other languages as well?

10. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Just have to be careful with DP. A lot of turnkey forums being sold there.

11. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

I feel like a newb asking this, but what's a "turnkey" forum?

12. DaveL

DaveL Well-Known Member

I may have one for sale.
    Threads: 985, Posts: 1,879, Members: 820
    Not an active community. Created in May 2010.

Drop me a PM if interested.

13. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Turnkey is when something is made to be sold to another owner, for example, a manufacturing process sold by an industrial engineering company (plastics molding plant), when the plant is up and running they give the key to the owner, he then starts making plastic parts, thus he purchased a turnkey plant from the industrial manufacturing engineering company, now he has to run it with his own staff.

Caleb Spilchen likes this.
  14. English Only ;)

I want an active community. ;)

Caleb

15. AnthonyCea

Few of them are active as owners are bluffing with cookie time outs set to the max showing fake "so called activity", V7N and WickedFire are doing this for years.

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You do know that you'll be paying quite a bit for an active community, right?

17. Hey Peggy,

I'm a marketer, I buy enough "crap" for my Business, that I want to buy something that I'll enjoy..

Caleb

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Well good for you then, and good luck!

19. AnthonyCea

What she is saying is that it will cost a few hundred grand for a "real active" forum.

She is asking if you have that kind of cabbage Caleb.

20. We are thinking on two different levels of active ;)...... I'm thinking of a start up forum.. Maybe 10k+ Posts 20-30 Active Members lol :).. My definition of active is a little different then some peoples, sorry.

Caleb