1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Bug with Cyrillic symbols

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Yoskaldyr, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Yoskaldyr

Yoskaldyr Well-Known Member

Post body contains many spaces between symbols.
    Example thread here

P.S. Sorry for my English :(
  2. mlx

mlx Well-Known Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've been having problems reproducing this, though no one else seems to have a problem. :)

It seems that there are situations where it doesn't happen, but I don't see any reason why that's the case.

What browser are you using, and can you reproduce it with others?
  4. Sonic2k

Sonic2k Member

I have these problems with the umlauts too. But its weird, because i can`t reproduce everytime :confused:

But here is an example:

Browser: Safari & Firefox
  5. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

You can also see the problem with most of the language text posted here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/this-is-a-test.500/ The scripts that have the outlined circles attached to them mean they are displaying incorrectly, they should be overlapping/connected to the previous character.

Edit: Added a screenshot. Edit2: This is in FF3.5 using the quick reply box.

Attached Files:

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is fixed now. Really weird bug. The word wrap regex was supposed to match \S{50} (50 non-white-space characters), but it seemed to be triggering when it shouldn't. When I flipped it to [^\s]{50}, which is logically identical, it worked correctly.

Also, the reason I couldn't reproduce it was because I was mostly doing tests on my local forum, and it didn't happen there, so it looks like it may be a PCRE bug.
  7. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks Mike.
  8. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch!
  9. Floris

Floris Guest

Good job, amazing how the team just actually listens to customers and fixes bugs within reasonable time. It's still possible!