1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Bug found in demo

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Tah Zonemaster, Sep 2, 2011.

1. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Descriptions can contain HTML
    IMO it's not a bug if you include "wrong HTML :D".

It's the same as if you change a template and delete everything, or include not valid elements;)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Board Meta Description
    Edit: I see you mean forum description, not board description. Specifically this forum: http://demo.xenforo.com/104/index.php?forums/test.3/

As ragtek posted above, it must be valid HTML.
  3. Thanks for your replies both. It's not just using </div>, I can place <script> tags too, which work when loading the page. I know you can do this with templates too, but boards should have a check IMO.
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

1.Only admins can create/edit these things, so if somebody wants to "destroy/hack" something, he will be able to do this even the data are validated...
    2. IMO it's really usable that we're able to use HTML there

My 0.02$
    Daracon and Darkimmortal like this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I use HTML to display the moderators in each category, amongst other things.
    It's also used here on XenForo.com in the customer forums.

XenForo Community Support
    You must be a XenForo customer to post in these forums. Ensure your account is listed here.
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

Exploit your own board as full admin by setting the description to <script>alert('naughty');</script> and feel like a king for a second.
    Bob likes this.
  7. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

You may also set the forum description as:

8. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

ohh god this demo is so missy
  9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As mentioned, this is as designed and documented.