Browser issue [Browser Bug/Worked Around] editor: not possible to delete text

Is this still happening to people? Here on xf.com? How about with FF4? (It was only an FF issue.)

I have introduced an option to disable the inline edit system in the future, if the issue is bad for you as I still can't reproduce it. (And if I could, I'm not sure how far I'd get with debugging - it's quite possibly an internal FF issue.)

I do not have the issue when using FireFox 4

Still seeing only empty line removed with backspace (leaving selected text alone). Maybe it's not what this thread is about. Hmm...

Is this still happening to people? Here on xf.com? How about with FF4? (It was only an FF issue.)

I have introduced an option to disable the inline edit system in the future, if the issue is bad for you as I still can't reproduce it. (And if I could, I'm not sure how far I'd get with debugging - it's quite possibly an internal FF issue.)

Hi Mike,

where to find that "option to disable the inline edit system" in XF 1.0.4 ?
I would like to disable the pop-up-editor.

Many thanks!

Mike,

when you want to have 2 lines of space, this does not work with both editors. Not with the pop-up-editor and also not with the normal editor.
So how to make 2 empty lines (press 2 times enter) in order to format a text?
I know this is a third-party-editor, but it is somehow crappy.........

Mike,

when you want to have 2 lines of space, this does not work with both editors. Not with the pop-up-editor and also not with the normal editor.
So how to make 2 empty lines (press 2 times enter) in order to format a text?
I know this is a third-party-editor, but it is somehow crappy.........
That is actually this bug: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/confirmed-wysiwyg-editor-loses-line-breaks.14659/

So it's known, but a real nightmare to fix unfortunately. Though some people say it's a feature. :)

I guess there is currently no way to disable to "inline pop-up editor" ?
admin center => options => Messages

enable Inline Editing of Messages
If enabled, messages will be edited in an overlay. This has caused problems for a limited number of people, so you can disable this and edit messages using a full page.

Top Bottom