Not a bug Branding issue with your Google+ Platform integration

Jaxel

Received this email today from:

Hello,

Thanks for being a valued partner and using the Google+ Platform. We've recently become aware that your use of this feature does not follow our branding guidelines at https://developers.google.com/+/branding-guidelines.

In particular, we identified an issue with your Sign-In button. Our review found that your button's logo, color, or button text is incorrect.

To correct this particular issue, simply ensure that your custom sign-in button adheres to our branding guidelines. Please review these guidelines and update your implementation (project id 161130670605).

If you would like additional assistance, take a second to fill out this form with more details about your implementation. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

We're excited that you chose to integrate Google+ and look forward to helping you resolve this issue.

Basically, they are complaining about the look of the Google sign in button. It amazes me that they've done this so quickly though, since I installed XF1.3 yesterday.

You're missing the Google and Twitter icons from your buttons, probably because they've not been copied across to your style.

I wonder if having those will be enough to make them happy - the text for the button in Google's guidelines is "recommended" rather than "must be".

I had a similar e-mail over a week ago, they wanted me to change the icon in my footer to the new red color scheme (and were fine with my sign-in and thread buttons).

As Martok stated, you're missing the images...

/styles/core/xenforo/gplus.png is missing (as well as your twitter icon).

Yup, I got the same email, the reason your getting that error is because those icons are missing from the custom template folder, just drag and drop the twitter and google icons and you are all set.

Here are the icons incase you need them:

Attachments

• gplus.webp
    gplus.webp
    228 bytes · Views: 6
  • twitter-bird.webp
    twitter-bird.webp
    472 bytes · Views: 4
So let me get this straight... Google is having a fit over a missing icon?

Yup, it's in their TOS, gotta make sure you comply before they come after you. :D
I think it would be a good idea for XenForo to send out a mass email to users that upgraded to 1.3 to make sure they comply with this, a lot of people are using custom templates.
Or have XenForo release an update that changes the folder where the images are being pulled from, I'm sure Mike & Kier could fix this easily for future versions. I think it's pretty important that everyone knows before having repercussions.

See, this is why I either don't do custom stuff, or I wait on updates. Little fits like this....
There's no reason to wait for an update for this. If you're using a custom style, you need to copy any new icons across to it. It was exactly the same with the Redactor editor buttons when it was introduced in Xenforo 1.2 and it'll be the same again here.

There's no reason to wait for an update for this. If you're using a custom style, you need to copy any new icons across to it. It was exactly the same with the Redactor editor buttons when it was introduced in Xenforo 1.2 and it'll be the same again here.
Yeah. Well, skin designers have to take notice of this, and apply the necessary changes. However, I meant in general.

Yeah. Well, skin designers have to take notice of this, and apply the necessary changes. However, I meant in general.

He's using an older version of core by choice, so it doesn't always rely on the designer. All of our latest packages were sent out with the icons.

Top Bottom