1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Branding issue with your Google+ Platform integration

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jaxel, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Received this email today from:

Basically, they are complaining about the look of the Google sign in button. It amazes me that they've done this so quickly though, since I installed XF1.3 yesterday.
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You're missing the Google and Twitter icons from your buttons, probably because they've not been copied across to your style.

I wonder if having those will be enough to make them happy - the text for the button in Google's guidelines is "recommended" rather than "must be".
  3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

I had a similar e-mail over a week ago, they wanted me to change the icon in my footer to the new red color scheme (and were fine with my sign-in and thread buttons).
  4. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

As Martok stated, you're missing the images...

/styles/core/xenforo/gplus.png is missing (as well as your twitter icon).
  5. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Well-Known Member

Yup, I got the same email, the reason your getting that error is because those icons are missing from the custom template folder, just drag and drop the twitter and google icons and you are all set.

Here are the icons incase you need them:

Attached Files:

6. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight... Google is having a fit over a missing icon?
  7. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Well-Known Member

Yup, it's in their TOS, gotta make sure you comply before they come after you. :D
    I think it would be a good idea for XenForo to send out a mass email to users that upgraded to 1.3 to make sure they comply with this, a lot of people are using custom templates.
    Or have XenForo release an update that changes the folder where the images are being pulled from, I'm sure Mike & Kier could fix this easily for future versions. I think it's pretty important that everyone knows before having repercussions.
    FredC likes this.
  8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

See, this is why I either don't do custom stuff, or I wait on updates. Little fits like this....
  9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There's no reason to wait for an update for this. If you're using a custom style, you need to copy any new icons across to it. It was exactly the same with the Redactor editor buttons when it was introduced in Xenforo 1.2 and it'll be the same again here.
    Alien likes this.
  10. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Yeah. Well, skin designers have to take notice of this, and apply the necessary changes. However, I meant in general.
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

He's using an older version of core by choice, so it doesn't always rely on the designer. All of our latest packages were sent out with the icons.