1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Issue with Google+

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Moshe1010, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Since I haven't done any changes to the sign-in/sign up with Google button (except for translating it), I filled up their form, and this was the answer I've received:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, that's annoying as the two messages seem rather inconsistent. We do use the new Google+ login system, though there is a deprecated scope mentioned in our request (userinfo.email) that I will look at. However, that really has nothing to do with the branding issue mentioned -- the scope is deprecated but still supported right now and doesn't seem to apply to any of the visual element. Other than that, we use the new system as far as I can tell.

Can they be any more specific as to what they think the problem is?
  3. Moshe1010

I've sent them another email for more clarification.
  4. Moshe1010

This is what I've received back:
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Talk about creating user confusion...

However, I'm still unsure what they're referring to. We use the new flow. The only potential reference is to an old scope which appears to just be deprecated. I have to guess that this is what they're referring to.

All you have to do is change:
    in xenforo.js.
    Moshe1010 likes this.
  6. Stacy Enco

Stacy Enco Member

sounds like they are refering to custom images, which is wierd imo as long as it follows there copyright in theb signup or signin images following their trademard should be fine ino, but i could be wrong.
  7. Moshe1010

I don't have any custom images.