[BP] Welcome Notice

[BP] Welcome Notice 1.0.3

No permission to download

Brad Padgett

Brad Padgett submitted a new resource:

[BP] Welcome Notice - free welcome notice with a decent amount of options

This add-on was mainly created to use on my site with a new style I was creating for it. I have decided to release it to the community for free. I know users have done this before but this one is free and has a decent amount of options. I was using @BassMan paid add-on but decided to make my own new one with better options and make it more user friendly. This add-on also works with 2.0 but if your not using Xenforo 2.1 or higher you will simply need to change the register...

Read more about this resource...

Exactly what I was looking for.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work.
When I use the widget, it is displayed, but no text appears. If I use the Style Properties, I can enter text there, but nothing appears in the widget. I delete the widget and only use the style properties. Something does not even appear where the empty widget at least appears as a placeholder ....

1585212302511.png

1585212412981.webp

Last edited:
When I use the widget, it is displayed, but no text appears. If I use the Style Properties, I can enter text there, but nothing appears in the widget. I delete the widget and only use the style properties. Something does not even appear where the empty widget at least appears as a placeholder ....

View attachment 221224

View attachment 221225

1585262200162.webp

1585262226537.webp

Your settings are configured wrong. You need to select the option to display the widget and then make a widget where the widgets are. The widget wasn't working because you had selected to display the full width option.

Btw. imho
Code:
<br><br>
should be
Code:
<br /><br />
and maybe some
Code:
$0
should be added.

There's no difference. The $0 wasn't added in the template modification because I had to add another class to the selected div so the found text was replaced the same way manually. The found text was still replaced.

View attachment 221224

View attachment 221225

If you had configured the settings correctly the empty space would not be there. Basically what is happening is you made a widget but the setting configured is blocking it out from showing, hence why the empty space is there. The full width option only appears on the homepage so the empty space is appearing there from where the setting is not set up properly

Brad Padgett updated [BP] Welcome Notice with a new update entry:

Added Configurable Login Button in style propertie and made it easier to use the widget

Added a login button configurable in style properties that can be either enabled or disabled there as well as made it easier to use the widget.

Currently to set the widget the setting for the below nav has to be disabled. Now the widget will display either way but you will just have 2 instances of the welcome notice if you don't set the option to be disabled on the below navigation option

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Masetrix the widget would have worked if you had disabled the option in style properties but I just posted an update that made it easier. You will just have 2 instances of the welcome notice unless you disable the option to be below the navigation bar.

Also @rolo I added the login button configurable in stye properties. You just have to enable it for it to work. If anyone didn't want one they could just disable it.

Brad Padgett updated [BP] Welcome Notice with a new update entry:

Fixed some css issues with one of the style properties

I recommend upgraded to this version. Just a small css issue if the widget option was not selected and you tried to make a widget. This should do it. Everything works as intended. If your options were selected properly it would not matter

I also recommend upgrading your xenforo version to xenforo 2.1.8 patch 2 as there was a bug with xenforos software in xenforo 2.1.8 and 2.1.8 patch 1 with template modifications not being applied.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this work with 2.2 peoples? Thank you

I haven't moved my site to 2.2 yet and I use it on my own site but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. There isn't any php code at all except for the install and uninstall code and the code to put a widget definition. If it doesn't work let me know and I will update it but it's doubtful that this wouldn't work.

It should work most definitely.

Very nice addon!

I was not able to to translate "Register Now" and "Login" texts inside buttons :(

Where can I do it?

Thanks! (y)

Very nice addon!

I was not able to to translate "Register Now" and "Login" texts inside buttons :(

Where can I do it?

Thanks! (y)

2 phrases were added in case you still didn't realize you could edit the template (though not as convenient):

• bp_register_now
  • bp_login

Simply do a search of phrases and you can change the text or tranlate

Very useful addon, many thanks for creating it !

Is there a way to resize the welcome section box ?

Yes, you would have to change the width of the

CSS:
.bp_wn_container {
width: 80% !important;
}

Then change 80% to whatever you'd want. You would need to put it in extra.less and not sure if the !important flag would be needed or not but added it in just in case.

Top Bottom