XF 1.5 Bounced email - where is it?

Mr Lucky

A member of my forum was not receiving notifications for a while. I was receiving bounce notices that her email provider (btinternet) bounced the email due to "policy reasons". (The emails were sent from the forum via Amazon SES, and for a while I was getting bounce notices members on btinternt)

I forwarded to her one of the bounce notice emails I got from Amazon, which she forwarded to BT. Their response is that they need the actual email that was bounced (ie the xenforo notification)

Obviously as the email was bounced, she did not get the email, my question is then how do I get the actual sent email, so that she can forward it on to BT?

Traditionally (well, ideally), SMTP servers include the original message when they bounce it, but SES does some different things. XenForo doesn't store copies of emails after they're sent, so I don't know if you'll be able to get it (somewhere in SES).

Traditionally (well, ideally), SMTP servers include the original message when they bounce it, but SES does some different things. XenForo doesn't store copies of emails after they're sent, so I don't know if you'll be able to get it (somewhere in SES).

Thanks for the info.

I have since found a setting in SES (thanks to @MattW )that includes the original headers

Top Bottom