XF 1.4 Bounced email system + Mandrill (3rd party)

Moshe1010

I'm trying to configure Mandrill to support the bounced emails through the system. I send emails no problem with Mandrill, but it looks like users with a bounced email address aren't transferred into the "bounced" user group.

I can see through Mandrill's logs that they get an hard bounce, but nothing happens to their users. I also tested it by several incidents:

1. I tried to register with a fake email - got an hard bounce through Mandrill's logs - user is still in the "waiting for confirmation" user group. Shouldn't it move this user to the bounced user group? The notice bounced users see is different than those that are just waiting for an email, so if they stay in the waiting for confirmation user group, they don't really know what is the problem.

2. I tried to change to a fake email address to a current user and reset its password (with an add-on from Chris D). Still, same thing: hard bounce through Mandrill, but the user doesn't change its state.
Tried the same with sending a PC - same result.

Any ideas?
Just in case, the soft bounce settings (which aren't really related to the above) are:
Minimum number of bounces: 1
Minimum number of days with bounces: 1
Minimum number of days between oldest and newest bounce: 0

The bounce log is empty as well.

Thanks.

Edit: Now I get this error, not sure if related:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: last request failed - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php:190

Stack Trace
#0 /home/admin/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php(113): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->readResponse()
#1 /home/admin/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Pop3.php(190): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->connect('smtp.mandrillap...', 587, 'TLS')
#2 /home/admin/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(288): Zend_Mail_Storage_Pop3->__construct(Array)
#3 /home/admin/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#4 /home/admin/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999880791, '')
#5 /home/admin/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999880791, '', false)
#6 /home/admin/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/admin/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#8 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(34) "https://www.domain.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/threads/57680/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Also tried to put my gmail/domain email and no luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
Aside from the fact that this isn't a suggestion thread, +1'ing isn't really going to do much as you can see that Mandrill already supported.

Top Bottom