1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Automated Email Bounce not Working

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by directodigital, Jul 26, 2016.

1. I am trying to get the automatic email bounce to process. I have tried POP and IMAP - the settings work on Thunderbird but not on XenForo.

Here are my settings (I changed it for security/privacy reasons)

[​IMG]

The error log:

[​IMG]

In that error log:

Stack Trace
    Code:
    #0 /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php(222): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->readResponse(false)
    #1 /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php(281): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->request('USER noreply')
    #2 /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Pop3.php(191): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->login('forum', 'emailpassword')
    #3 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(288): Zend_Mail_Storage_Pop3->__construct(Array)
    #4 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
    #5 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999904633, '')
    #6 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999904633, '', false)
    #7 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #8 /home/forum/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    Code:
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(39) "http://www.forum.com/deferred.php"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

I have tried IMAP and POP neither are working. Ports are correct, password is correct.
    The server connects find to send out e-mails on this same server.

2. Update: I changed the password not to have a special character in and it has just processed for the first time. Happy days!