XF 1.5 Automated Email Bounce not Working

I am trying to get the automatic email bounce to process. I have tried POP and IMAP - the settings work on Thunderbird but not on XenForo.

Here are my settings (I changed it for security/privacy reasons)

bc3d9be033c569728393fd02ace05506.png

The error log:

d9ea256aa8e6b99d496abdd7e488f841.png

In that error log:

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php(222): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->readResponse(false)
#1 /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php(281): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->request('USER noreply')
#2 /home/forum/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Pop3.php(191): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Pop3->login('forum', 'emailpassword')
#3 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(288): Zend_Mail_Storage_Pop3->__construct(Array)
#4 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#5 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999904633, '')
#6 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999904633, '', false)
#7 /home/forum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/forum/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(39) "http://www.forum.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I have tried IMAP and POP neither are working. Ports are correct, password is correct.
The server connects find to send out e-mails on this same server.

Hi, I set up the automated bounced email handler as attached, but now getting server errors (last request failed). There is now a gmail message that they blocked access until I allow "less secure apps" to access the bounced email account.? In the gmail admin, there is no such option. Am I doing something wrong here? Thank you everyone. Capture.webp

Lol. Ok, kick in the ass accepted. Thanks. I waded thru gmail support site, found the button in admin for the domain, and then allowed less secure apps access. Seems to be fine now, no server errors in 2-3 days. Thank you.

Top Bottom