XF 1.4 Bounced Email Handler setup problem

grantus

Okay, I've been trying to setup the bounced email handler but I keep getting errors:
cannot connect to host; error = Connection timed out (errno = 110 ) - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Pop3.php:109

I have my site's email going through Gmail, so I put this:

Connection type: POP3
Host: smtp.gmail.com: 995
user/pass is correct
Encryption: SSL

Those settings are what I use to fetch my emails in Gmail, so what am I doing wrong? From what I understand, the email I put is JUST for bounced emails, correct?

If you are setting up the automated bounce handler then your host should be pop.gmail.com (not smtp.gmail.com) as emails are being read and processed, they are not being sent.

I have tried POP as well but still nothing. The thing is, I've always used SMTP for checking POP in Gmail and it's always worked, so that's why I'm using it here.

Anyway, POP's not working either.

I have tried POP as well but still nothing. The thing is, I've always used SMTP for checking POP in Gmail and it's always worked, so that's why I'm using it here.

Anyway, POP's not working either.
Well it's definitely pop.gmail.com

https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2703752#ts=2703735,2703760,2703801

I've just set it up on my site using GMail (and pop.gmail.com) and it's worked. I did get an error initially as for the username I initially just put the first part of the email address (which is what you usually do in GMail itself) but I've not had an error since using the full email address for the username.

Top Bottom